Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday Music  (Read 10715 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2009, 11:40:58 pm »

I have heard these many times a day for weeks now and will continue to do so until Christmas Day itself but they're so quintessentially CHRISTMAS that it just becomes part of the atmosphere, part of the December weather, part of the feeling of Christmas. They transcend concepts of music as a piece of noise consisting of a melody, a rhythm and all the associated periphery, they're just part of you for a certain time of the year.

As such, I don't tire of them.

And I feel the same way about the many American Christmas Standards.  They are just a part of the atmosphere.  It's impossible to separate them from the season so why try.  Many of them I actually enjoy as music anyway even if I have heard them so many times there is nothing more to be gained from another hearing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 05:43:46 am »

i found myself enjoying that mariah carey christmas jam

also:

ive been finding the song by tim mcgraw and daughter really touching, lately.  for good, or for ill.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 05:53:48 am »

All right here it is everyone get ready

Takin' Care of Christmas by Randy Bachman
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2009, 01:18:58 am »

I cant descide tic rtht animated santa help sor defrteif ct fromt eh quality iof the song
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2009, 01:31:15 am »

I cant descide tic rtht animated santa help sor defrteif ct fromt eh quality iof the song

"I can't describe the tic that animated santa helped the sore deaf thief cut from his quality hoof stone."
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2009, 01:47:13 am »

I cant descide tic rtht animated santa help sor defrteif ct fromt eh quality iof the song

You're a scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2009, 02:33:05 am »

Eff voff you sheep shagging pom

Kisses
-jw
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2009, 04:30:57 am »

Eff voff you sheep shagging pom

Kisses
-jw


Sheep shagger? You're thinking of Wales or possibly Derbyshire, I hail from neither.

Where I'm from we prefer our sisters.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up