Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore  (Read 3787 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:28:45 pm »

Faith, the dog
.

Yeah, sure - birds do it too, but the title gets less snappy as it gets more wordy.  Wonder how her spine will hold up over the years with that posture.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:45:33 pm »

I've read about that dog before. She's almost 7 years old now. Pretty neat.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 10:58:15 pm »

as a person who believes in Jesus AND science, i am annoyed by some of the comments on that page....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 01:25:44 am »

as a person who believes in Jesus AND science, i am annoyed by some of the comments on that page....

Thank god for TOUAMB so that we don't have to discuss this article there.  We've had our share of religious conversations here on this board so now we know better.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:00:10 pm »

as a person who believes in Jesus AND science

Thank heaven, I was starting to think I was the only one!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:29:59 pm »

Thank heaven, I was starting to think I was the only one!

i remember reading something you had posted before that led me to believe you had spiritual leanings......
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 08:50:32 pm »

The cuteness is preserved by the lack of dog dong all floppin around while it walks. Otherwise it would just look like he was showing off in some graphic display.


Edit: Heres a video in case you were wondering how freakish a two legged walking dog looks.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:25:36 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 08:55:50 pm »

The cuteness is preserved by the lack of dog dong all floppin around while it walks. Otherwise it would just look like he was showing off in some graphic display.

That is the funniest thing I've read this week.  Thank you, A-cap, I needed that.  Today, work is a ghoulish mess. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 10:14:37 pm »

Turn your ghouls into ghoulash then. It always works for me.

Don't eat it though, ghoul ghoulash is like the dishwater of the devil.

Gawd, that's weird, I had started typing "goulash" at first, thinking about the bloody mess appearance of it, then thought that "ghoulish" would make more sense in the context of my day.

I could use some nice hot hearty homey goulash.  Mmm. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Bipedalism: not just for primates anymore
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 02:47:52 pm »

I don't know if this is the same bipedal dog as the one I came across a while back (reading this from a phone) but I was struck how much it made tghe back legs resemble an Achewood cat. Including the uneasy skinniness of the legs! Also... kind of creepy!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up