Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut  (Read 2335 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« on: December 18, 2009, 03:06:35 pm »

Smaller updates, more often.

Executive summary: Blah blah reality TV sucks blah blah the world always sucked blah blah it's a different type but equivalent amount of suck blah blah kids get off my lawn blah blah merch in the store
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:03:21 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 04:08:25 pm »

Just because something is an easy target doesn't mean the attack can't be well done.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 04:25:27 pm »

I wonder if Onstad has been listening to Wilco
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 08:35:37 pm »

I like Beef's confident pose and the mock-excitement he shows at the prospect of the family winning the Camaro.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 08:37:06 pm »

I like Beef's confident pose and the mock-excitement he shows at the prospect of the family winning the Camaro.

Seeing Ray frown from behind is interesting too.
Logged

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 10:23:17 pm »

I know the Boss Man is working on anothe book, so I'm going to let one-offs like this slide.  The peculiarities of vocabulary and attention to detail in the art are still there, it's just not a home run.  The fact that they don't all have to be is something I'm reluctantly okay with.

So long as we don't have to look at this one for a month like last year's Christmas strip, I'm happy.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 03:36:42 am »

it took me a while to figure out what Beef was talking about in his quatrain, because I don't watch that show. I got it eventually, because of Cultural Osmosis.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 03:09:39 am »

Yes, I just logged on to say that I just now understood who the Flavorous Jester was. I am not too bright.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: 2009-12-18: Flour-Gut
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 08:52:23 am »

This is a great strip.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up