I see. so f1sh translates into g1raffe, which makes no sense. See that... I'm hedging my bets in case g1raffe translates into something else... you can't trick a trickster!!! muha ha ha ha
okay whatever people. you shouldn't equate the frequency with which I refer to my own world nor the length of my soliloquies with my attachment thereto.
I care about you all. sort of. I'm just a little dyslexic. I have trouble 'connecting' via ASCII. I'm more of a face to face person. I mean, I can 'connect' via ASCII... let's see... when's the last time I connected with someone via ASCII... okay, there was that one girl I met on that dating site... we connected well via ASCII... then after we met in person it became readily apparent to both of us that we were both... not normal. Something about prefrontal cortex or one of those parts of the brain, I forget which. She was from West Virginia, you see... I learned from her that the background of the Nice Pete character is incredibly spot on.. I don't know where Onstad gets his material from but if you think he's making that stuff up I assure you he's probably not. There's something in the water in West Virgina... namely, all sorts of pollutants from the petro-chemical and coal industries...
okay who else... oh... yeah, my friend from Hungary... She and I always got along well in ASCII, and when we finally met in person, we got along fine as well. She might be the only friend I ever made over the internet. And I'm currently corresponding with a gentleman in Oregon, we seem to be connecting on some level.
So it's possible for me to connect. It just kinda depends on the environment and context, I guess. Kinda like IRL there are some settings where a person might be more or less likely to form connections... e.g. like a club or bar setting might be second nature to some, while others might not 'get' the norms and protocols and so on of such a setting, while meanwhile, someone else might be totally ill at ease and unable to relate in the context of a mensa get together. Although, if you're looking to pick up a date, I can't imagine a mensa metting as being ideal. Unless you're a #*#*# or something. Al gore. ha ha