Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tweak  (Read 2428 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Tweak
« on: January 05, 2010, 12:36:40 am »

I changed my profile setting to display the most recent posts first, with the thought that it might save scrolling.  The result is...unsettling.  I'm used to TOUAMB operating a certain way, I suppose.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:55:16 am »

I think scrolling is the most exercise I'm getting these days. I wouldn't want to give it up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 04:25:02 am »

how did you have it set to display before?

there was that experiment where they had students wear these glasses 24x7 that made everything upside down and after a while their brains would automatically right everything to where when they took the glasses off, then everything looked like it was upside down.  so don't worry.  your brain will adapt.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 04:28:10 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Tweak
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 05:35:05 am »

how did you have it set to display before?

there was that experiment where they had students wear these glasses 24x7 that made everything upside down and after a while their brains would automatically right everything to where when they took the glasses off, then everything looked like it was upside down.  so don't worry.  your brain will adapt.

the brain however cannot adapt to making everything photonegative. Some things are hardwired.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 05:51:05 am »

I can read upside down quite easily.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:19:34 am »

I can read upside down quite easily.

əıl noʎ
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 06:33:47 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 01:38:18 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Tweak
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 01:43:43 pm »

I can read upside down quite easily.

I was skipped through grades when I was four years old because I was reading the testing woman's handwritten notes back to her from across the desk.  (Yeah, I'm that kind of geek.)  However, I've found as I've gotten older, my ability to read upside-down has lessened considerably.  I still play Scrabble upside-down, though; it's easier than rotating the board each turn.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 07:28:55 pm »

I learned to write backward like Leonardo daVinci, but I was disappointed to find that my writing could be read rightways from the back of the page. I asked my history teacher what the deal was, and he said that Leonardo used vellum and not paper like ours. Vellum being much thicker, see.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 10:45:10 pm »

Maybe old Leo just showed people the backs of all his papers?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 12:56:09 am »

Kept them from seeing the rude titties he drew on the fronts in lighter ink.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 02:43:24 am »

According to your local historical revisionist, he probably drew way more rude bozacks than he ever drew titties.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up