Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hamagami  (Read 7305 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Hamagami
« on: December 09, 2003, 04:47:58 pm »

It's like Oragami with Ham.  Hamagami?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Hamagami
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 05:22:50 pm »

The most pointless seems to be the Battenburg cake made from Ham.
I mean... why?
The stuff tastes like shit anyway.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hamagami
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 08:02:34 pm »

I like ham.

Honeybaked or Country Ham.

Even green with eggs of a similar hue.

I like ham.

Slink, why not you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Hamagami
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 08:05:48 pm »

I thought he was saying that Battenburg cake taste like shit.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Hamagami
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 08:07:01 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I like ham.

Honeybaked or Country Ham.

Even green with eggs of a similar hue.

I like ham.

Slink, why not you?


Splendid!
And oh no no, I like ham, as long as it's real, and indeed honeybaked is rather fine, although whether it beats a parma is indeed questionable!
I meant that battenburg tastes like shit (it's like a nasty sponge cake in pink and yellow, alternate quarters, wrapped in marzipan - like in the picture near bottom left on the hamigami site there) and well, it involves the ingredients I just mentioned. So making it with ham?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hamagami
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 08:07:19 pm »

Yes, but it's so much more difficult to make a lame little poem about Battenburg cake.  Especially when you don't know what Battenburg cake is.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Hamagami
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 10:45:52 pm »

Just when I'm really ready to throw the whole mess out with the dishwater, along comes a refreshing and comforting reminder that eight-year-old girls are still securely at the helm of Japanese popular culture.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Hamagami
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 10:55:29 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Just when I'm really ready to throw the whole mess out with the dishwater, along comes a refreshing and comforting reminder that eight-year-old girls are still securely at the helm of Japanese popular culture.


Good point. You can tell it isn't mid 20s to mid 30s Japanese women, because no one seems to have done a Hello Kitty ham... thing, and as far as I can tell, that is who the entire HK demographic is made up of. Oh, and young, gay western men.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hamagami
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 11:46:47 pm »

There is a certain "teenage Western girls" class of HK fans, but yeah, mostly Western gay men and the Japanese women you mentioned. But hey, there are worse sectors to have control of the cultural heritage of a nation.

I think.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Hamagami
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 12:00:29 am »

I just don't understand why (or how they get away with it) 20-30 something Japanese business women want Hello Kitty branded pink laptops?
I mean, the iBook is bad enough as far as I'm concerned!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hamagami
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 12:09:50 am »

I don't get it either, when a Kogepan laptop would obviously be so much cooler.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Hamagami
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 12:14:55 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
But hey, there are worse sectors to have control of the cultural heritage of a nation.

$MOUTHFUL = "said"

On the one hand, you have people making inoffensive and appealing sculptures out of luncheon meats.

On the other, you have thousands and thousands of pieces of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia. BOO HOO, MY HEART WILL NEVER HEAL FOR THE LOSS OF THIS MAN WHO MADE HIS NAME AND FORTUNE BY QUITE LITERALLY DRIVING LIKE A fuck*ng JERK

And, yes, before you ask - they vote.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Hamagami
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 12:27:42 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
On the other, you have thousands and thousands of pieces of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia.


Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get the word 'Dale' tattooed across my bozack.  A friend of mine saw a guy walking around Raleigh a couple of days after the tragedy with a t-shirt sporting Earnhardt's face and the words "Just another dead redneck."  The same friend commented that in Raleigh, the guy was safe.  In his hometown of Marion, the guy would have been hanged.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Hamagami
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 12:36:41 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
On the other, you have thousands and thousands of pieces of Dale Earnhardt memorabilia.


Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get the word 'Dale' tattooed across my bozack.


So your bozack is, quite literally, one unique piece of said memorabilia. Never before have I been more literal when I told someone that they were / are sitting on a gold mine.

<---- L@@K R@RE :)))) 1 OF A KIND DALE NASCAR SCROTUM NO RESERVE
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hamagami
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2003, 01:38:22 am »

Who is this "Dale Earnhardt" of which you speak.  Is he some kind of rassler?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up