Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixtape 2010  (Read 20788 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Mixtape 2010
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:27 pm »

I count the mixtapes I've received from members of this community to be among my favorite albums.  I've also received compliments from some of you that my mixtapes have been well received.

I would like to do another such exchange of music.  If we can only manage an online swap that is fine, but I would prefer an actual phisical product with artwork and everything.

I've already received an excellent mix from your friend and mine the Mayor Carlos Del Vaca.  Carlos, your mix will be sent as soon as mine is ready to go (soon).

So who else is in on this thing?  Expose your taste.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 11:59:51 pm »

I will gladly make more copies of said mix and send them to anyone who agrees to swap terms.
http://www.bigfool.com/foolblog/archive/2009_12.htm#001232
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 12:56:07 am »

  Expose your taste.

My "taste" is terrible. If you want to know what a mixtape from me would sound like, turn on your local "classic rock" radio station for about an hour, that is pretty much it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:46:36 am »

Same for me, except that instead of a radio, you just need your nails and a chalkboard.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 04:49:53 am »

my taste:

x random nerdy hiphop
x some 3rd wave ska
x some OG ska
x screamy off-kilter post-whatever songs by sad white guys
x dinosaur jams
x some late 80s/early 90s R+B
x way too much powerpop
x some metal
x a healthy dose of hardcore
x a healthy dose of dance-rock
x not nearly enough psychobilly
x some of that downer-alternative-y crap from the 90s (like that band of dudes that did drugs and didnt shower)
x just enough faggy dance-pop to make a redneck look at me sideways
etc

im down.  where do i sign up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:02:18 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 04:57:58 am »

I was just finally this afternoon dragging my ass over to the "Best Songs of '09 According To Me" file to work on my second annual so-named mix.  I will post soon, and mail as requested.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 05:47:00 am »

my taste:

x some of that downer-alternative-y crap from the 90s (like that band of dudes that did drugs and didnt shower)
You mean, all of them?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:25:57 am »

I'm in, I'm actually spending tonight finishing off a mix tape so I'll probably just use that. Warning: The theme is flawed love songs.

Also: If an actual cassette tape would whet your whistle let me know, otherwise mp3s or a cd are easy, just not as cool.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:54:05 am »

Also: If an actual cassette tape would whet your whistle let me know, otherwise mp3s or a cd are easy, just not as cool.

I love Cassettes, but I don't want that format.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »

You mean, all of them?

i meant that i have some hits from nirvana/pearl jam/stone temple pilots/etc.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 08:01:08 pm »

I love Cassettes, but I don't want that format.

according to your TV setup, you might be a redneck.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 09:32:46 pm »

according to your TV setup, you might be a redneck.

Does that stereotype still apply if both of the televisions still function?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 09:42:59 pm »

Does that stereotype still apply if both of the televisions still function?

according to the joke, i think no, but according to my interpretation, yes ;)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 09:46:15 pm »

I wish I could do this, but I think I only have one mixtape in me, and it was the last one we did. I don't think I have heard and liked enough new music since then.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:28 pm »

I don't think I have heard and liked enough new music since then.

This.  I've got lots of interesting (to me at least) stuff but it's probably old hat and boring to the connoisseurs around here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up