Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixtape 2010  (Read 20786 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 09:51:49 pm »

This.  I've got lots of interesting (to me at least) stuff but it's probably old hat and boring to the connoisseurs around here.

I wish I could do this, but I think I only have one mixtape in me, and it was the last one we did. I don't think I have heard and liked enough new music since then.

Bullshit!!  None of my mixes has ever been entirely new music.  Get to mixin'!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 10:00:48 pm »

I wish that site Muxtape had not gotten shut down, I was proud of my mix on there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 10:16:08 pm »

This.  I've got lots of interesting (to me at least) stuff but it's probably old hat and boring to the connoisseurs around here.

Disagree.  I like to know what other people dig.  And there's almost always something new (to me) on anyone else's mix disc.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 12:36:17 am »

Disagree.  I like to know what other people dig.  And there's almost always something new (to me) on anyone else's mix disc.

Agreed with the bull's (and the moustache's) disagreement.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 03:06:23 am »

Yeah, come on kids, mine won't be all new to you guys I'm sure. 
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 08:56:27 am »

As for August, I still listen to your mix from before.  It has some super eclectic shit on it.

Wombat, I would allow that you use your previous mix for the folks that haven't received it because it's pretty essential stuff, but that won't cut it for me, I want more!!!

Volume II people!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 01:34:59 pm »

I would definitely trade my previous disc with anyone who wants it.

I will think about a second one but seriously I don't have a spare minute to do this before the end of the month.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 06:25:44 pm »

i have my mix tape all set aside and stuff.  im going to buy some blank CDs and get it ready to ship out.  im pretty excited.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 12:36:47 am »

I will make a disk, but right now I hate all music. Too many hours driving.

I came away from it being able to recognize when modern folk/country groups take songs from traditional songs. so that's good I guess.

also: I was always so happy when a Beatles album came on. I burned a ton of MP3 CDs, so everything was in random-ass (actually, alphabetical) order, and sometimes a Beatles album would come on... so good. So good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 09:04:50 pm »

my CDs are burned and packed and addressed.  i intend to ship them out on monday.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 10:39:17 pm »

GKA, do you have my addy?

My mix was nearly complete when my hard drive crashed.  I am just now picking up the pieces from that.  Fortunately itunes saved my playlist so I don't have to remember what was on it, but I do have to reacquire some of the songs that were on it.  I'll be back up to speed soon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 04:35:45 am »

GKA, do you have my addy?

no sir.  PM it to me and ill hook you up, too.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 04:52:51 am »

no sir.  PM it to me and ill hook you up, too.


That post was pure evil. (Post #666!)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 05:26:15 am »

That post was pure evil. (Post #666!)

i guess im not such a goodie-goodie after all...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 05:42:10 am »

Hoorah!  I made a mixdisc and I'm working on a label!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up