Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixtape 2010  (Read 20910 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 11:57:58 pm »

I wasn't on the list because I didn't have anything to trade. Unless you don't have my old one.  I don't remember everyone I sent it to last time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2010, 01:13:42 am »

I wasn't on the list because I didn't have anything to trade. Unless you don't have my old one.  I don't remember everyone I sent it to last time.

This is a travesty.  That was such a good mixtape.  I know you have another one in you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2010, 01:32:25 am »

Hey! I got mine from Doc but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.  Love the personalized cover.  The Love Triangle makes a lot of sense.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2010, 02:03:33 am »

I keep getting mixdiscs even though I am not on the list. You guys think that by sending me these things you can get me to make another one out of a sense of obligation, I know your sneaky ways.

I am terrible at listening to music any more, though, because 98% of the time when I'm in the car there are children and Dora the Explorer involved, and the other 2% of the time I just turn off the radio and enjoy the silence.

Someday soon, though, I will get my Act together and do some Music Appreciatin'.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2010, 06:15:31 am »

I keep getting mixdiscs even though I am not on the list. You guys think that by sending me these things you can get me to make another one out of a sense of obligation, I know your sneaky ways.

I am terrible at listening to music any more, though, because 98% of the time when I'm in the car there are children and Dora the Explorer involved, and the other 2% of the time I just turn off the radio and enjoy the silence.

Someday soon, though, I will get my Act together and do some Music Appreciatin'.

I love that song.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2010, 09:40:36 am »

I wasn't on the list because I didn't have anything to trade. Unless you don't have my old one.  I don't remember everyone I sent it to last time.

I don't, but I'm happy to send one out anyway if you shoot me your address.

some yay-hoo

Serious?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2010, 01:20:22 am »

No, no dude, I was trying to make a 'Yahoo Serious' joke, which I guess is about 20 years out of date.

Meanwhile, an occasion when Ash is worried he may have offended someone, we should take a picture of this one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2010, 01:46:45 am »

Yahoo Serious! Brings me back. Well not really, but I do remember that dude. But yeah, 20 years out of date and also wrong continent for most of us. And also, before your time? Or is he still pretty well known over there?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2010, 09:39:07 am »

No, not at all. I remember seeing his stuff on video when I was like 7 or 8. He made another movie a few years ago but it was bad and no one cares. Most Australians mainly pretend that our late-80s, early 90s attempts at pop culture didn't really happen.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2010, 02:22:41 pm »

I got a pre-recorded auto-dialer call from my son's new principal last night reminding us of a PTA meeting today, and discovered that he's Australian. That's a bit jarring when you live in the Southeast USA.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2010, 04:46:53 pm »

Yahoo Serious sued Yahoo! for use of his good name. True story.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2010, 06:31:52 pm »

I think Paul has shamed me into making a new disc. It might take a little while because I need to get my hands on something I only have on vinyl. Although I hear there's this newfangled deal where you can pay money and get it right on your computer instead of waiting for the mailman.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2010, 01:05:01 am »

Well, no shit. I just bought only the one song I needed, and I don't have to copy it off a disc onto the computer to copy it onto discs. Days of miracle and wonder.

So, I have a mixdisc now. Anyone who wants to trade, PM me your address.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2010, 02:09:06 am »

Paul, this includes you, I can't find your address.

All I can find of anyone from here is an address from Misterqueue that I don't think he even lives at anymore. WTF, really.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2010, 03:08:15 am »

OK, I think I am going to have to do this thing.

Will it be cool? No.

Will it be full of music you don't already have in your catalog? Perhaps.

Will it be embarrassing for the young hip kids to listen to in front of their friends? Probably.

Does this delight me a little, in an evil sort of way? Absolutely.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up