Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixtape 2010  (Read 20871 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2010, 10:09:23 pm »

Akron/Family hits right in the sweet spot of my ear.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2010, 02:08:30 am »

I am going insane because my track-listing is a little too long to fit on a disc, and I was planning to put it up online anyway, but I want the opportunity to burn it to a disc/for you guys to burn it to a disc?

I just worry that if I say I'm going to burn it and mail it out, it will turn into you guys getting the disc in 3 years.
Maybe I will split it into 2 CDs. Or maybe I will suck it up and make some hard choices.

I am too used to planning 2-hour radio shows.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2010, 09:42:40 am »

I am going insane because my track-listing is a little too long to fit on a disc, and I was planning to put it up online anyway, but I want the opportunity to burn it to a disc/for you guys to burn it to a disc?

I just worry that if I say I'm going to burn it and mail it out, it will turn into you guys getting the disc in 3 years.
Maybe I will split it into 2 CDs. Or maybe I will suck it up and make some hard choices.

I am too used to planning 2-hour radio shows.

I will take downloaded music over no music, but I also feel that being brutal about which songs make the cut and which don't is part of the fun of mix tape making.
BTW...that de la sac vs. Scroobius Pip track from Doc's mix has fuck*ng earwormed me.
Yeah, I'm not a hip hop kind of guy in the main but those dudes are freaking catchy as hell.

Akron/Family hits right in the sweet spot of my ear.
That was off a collection of modern interpretations of sea chanties produced by the guy who directed the Pirates movies that I found via Neil Gaiman's blog. Luckily it was really good as well as pop culturally nichey.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2010, 03:36:01 am »

Man, way too many of the songs I like are in excess of 5 minutes, which really eats up the disc space.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2010, 03:52:34 am »

yeah, a lot of my space is getting taken up by the long-ish funk/dance tracks I put at the beginning. They don't really match the rest of the disk, either, but... they are so good. They are my three secret dance weapons.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2010, 07:17:07 am »

The mix is done. Labels have been designed and are awaiting printing, discs are awaiting burning. I'll try to get this out by the end of this week. You can expect one if you're on the gift list. If you're not on the list and would like a copy, PM me your address.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2010, 02:26:14 am »

If my computer's CD drive worked, I could learn how to make a mix-CD and make y'all a mix-CD of my favourite cover songs.

I would do this for you guys and girls.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2010, 03:55:56 pm »

i do love a good cover song.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2010, 04:45:38 pm »

As do I.

So, discs were finally shipped today. Media mail rates, so don't decide not to eat until you get it, or something.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2010, 07:14:37 am »

I recieved my mix from Wombat today.  Joy.  Haven't listened all the way through yet.  will do that tomorrow for sure.

Starts out strong though, for sure with a song from one of my favorite bands Queen.

Yay.

My mixes will be in the mail on Monday.

If anyone wants one pm me.

Thanks
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2010, 02:52:32 am »

So, discs were finally shipped today. Media mail rates, so don't decide not to eat until you get it, or something.
My copy arrived yesterday.  If the music's as cool as the cover art it should be an awesome thing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2010, 04:22:10 am »

i got leporkin's mix as well.  as soon as i saw the play list i was ready to get my aggro on like muh'fucker.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2010, 05:57:20 am »

Got mine today.  Hell yeah.  Damn!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2010, 06:17:54 am »

I got my Wombat discs today too (plural!), voices in wombat's head is getting some great play, TMBG and BNL were always going to go down well in this household but I'm digging the springsteen more than I thought and 'All men are liars' and 'you were only fuck*ng' are awesomely catchy. Going to let this one digest a bit before I crack open disc 2.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2010, 07:53:13 pm »

It is.

l'porkin did that up nice.

The Boy likes it as well.

teaching your kids about safely making and interacting with fake internet friends, eh?  a rad idea, indeed.

"good idea: sharing your musical taste and ideas with people on the intertubes.  bad idea:  sharing your bank account and social security number with people on the intertubes."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up