Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixtape 2010  (Read 20843 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2010, 03:19:03 am »

Cool.  I hope you like the mix as much as the cover art.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2010, 05:50:33 pm »

After receiving all of these awesome mixes by people (Thanks Paul, lprkn and greenkoolayd!) I've been forced to make a mix of my own. Tweaking it right now, then I need to figure out the cover art situation.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2010, 11:43:15 pm »

OMG, lprkn's disc looks like a tiny little record.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2010, 02:02:02 am »

Yeah, I ran out of the regular discs and the record-looking ones were the same price as the others, so...
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2010, 11:54:31 pm »

i got pauls disc yesterday.  i havent tried it out yet, but i was surprised and impressed by the art.  paul, youre the hot stinky shit, on toast.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

DavidFailkips

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
  • OH SHI-
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidFailkips
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2010, 02:28:57 am »

nachtmystium=black metal skrewdriver?

Nachtmystium = suburban black metal with hilarious (and not-very-kvlt) stories about them.  I was once in the back seat of a car driven by Blake "Azentrius" Judd that pulled up to the drive-thru at a KFC, and between the money window and the food window, he said something about "but we hate you because you're n*gg*rs!".  Then there was that time his girlfriend walked in on him banging some other chick.  Years later, they're still together and she's still painting his album covers.

And yes, he came up with the "Azentrius" name in some art class. Possibly pottery. (and yes, the racism has probably gone out the window since then, but it was present in the early, impressionable days, when "Lords of Chaos" was pretty much his bible).

Certain TOUAMBers summon the Kips of Fail to open the Nachmystinomicon and shed light on the grim and frostbitten forbidden lore of Illinois Black Metal.  Tip your waitresses.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2010, 03:27:42 am »

Nachtmystium = suburban black metal with hilarious (and not-very-kvlt) stories about them.  I was once in the back seat of a car driven by Blake "Azentrius" Judd that pulled up to the drive-thru at a KFC, and between the money window and the food window, he said something about "but we hate you because you're n*gg*rs!".  Then there was that time his girlfriend walked in on him banging some other chick.  Years later, they're still together and she's still painting his album covers.

And yes, he came up with the "Azentrius" name in some art class. Possibly pottery. (and yes, the racism has probably gone out the window since then, but it was present in the early, impressionable days, when "Lords of Chaos" was pretty much his bible).

Certain TOUAMBers summon the Kips of Fail to open the Nachmystinomicon and shed light on the grim and frostbitten forbidden lore of Illinois Black Metal.  Tip your waitresses.

My cat's breath smells like catfood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2010, 05:05:13 pm »

Re:  I Eat Hamburgers.

I wonder if the musical quote from Summer Breeze was intentional?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2010, 06:22:40 pm »

Mailed mine yesterday to everybody on the giftlist (just like I said I would).  Anybody else want one, PM me an addy. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 07:21:52 pm »

Whoo Hoo!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2010, 07:34:39 pm »

'39.  I like this song always have, I like every Queen song, but I would have never counted it among my favorites.  It appearing on Wombat's mix has caused me to rediscover it and really listen to it for the first time. 

It's a great song really, but tends to get overshadowed in my mind by the rest of the songs on the A Night at the Opera album.  I'm not the same kid that first picked up this album when I was 14 years old. 

I never really gave much thought to what he was singing about.  I had a vague idea that it was about immigrating to America or possibly Australia, but upon close inspection it seems to be about a space explorer who experiences the slow aging effect.  When he returns home everyone he knows is dead and he can see his wife in his daughters eyes.

Very cool song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 09:47:34 pm »

I am so glad you liked that song. It is cool in so many ways and I feel like I am practically the only person on earth who knows it.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2010, 11:44:49 pm »

There's at least one more fan of it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2010, 06:49:48 pm »

there were mixtapes from auggiedog and wombat in my box this morning.  i ripped them to my computer and i will listen to them more in-depth in the next few weeks.  the parts that i heard were impressive.  tons of cool new ear candy.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Mixtape 2010
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2010, 02:08:55 am »

Havbe OALS mixdisc

Afte ridscussion with DOC I will MAKE a dmixfisc. and it will send it. Whop want a mixdisc.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up