Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the best state?  (Read 10202 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 05:33:26 am »

Those statues that you can push and you get "It's A Secret to Everyone" and the secret areas you can just walk into for that?

You grab a coupla those, getting enough cash for the blue candle and some bombs.

After that, you run around grabbing all the heart containers you can from burn and bomb locations.

Once you have alla them, you have enough life-force to bumrush through that little blue pony who pukes swords and you grab the white sword.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 05:38:58 am »

Those statues that you can push and you get "It's A Secret to Everyone" and the secret areas you can just walk into for that?

You grab a coupla those, getting enough cash for the blue candle and some bombs.

After that, you run around grabbing all the heart containers you can from burn and bomb locations.

Once you have alla them, you have enough life-force to bumrush through that little blue pony who pukes swords and you grab the white sword.


If you read the manual art you will see that the little blue pony is actually a centaur-like creature with the lower body of a lion.

Fun fact.

Also dungeon 3 is a backwards swastika.

Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 05:43:36 am »

y'all some nerds.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 05:46:31 am »

y'all some nerds.

How Puerto Rican of you.

(seriously, I can't stop saying this)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 06:05:03 am »

I have also heard good things about Austin and Houston, but Paul can probably fill you in better on those.

I love Houston as I've made clear many times on this forum.  There's a lot of weirdos here and we love artcars.  Austin has a reputation for weirdness, but to me they seem very pretentious.  It's like, look at us, look how weird and wacky we are.  In Houston the weirdos are weird because they don't know any other way to be.  Plus this, in my experience there are a lot of douchebags in Austin.  It's like Texas magnet for pretentious assholes.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 06:07:19 am »

For instance, in Houston, TX, just 4.4 percent of the general population is gay. In San Francisco, the number is over 15%. With a larger pool of gay potential candidates to choose from, it's simply statistically more likely that a gay candidate will successfully run in Frisco than in Houston.

Houston just elected an openly gay mayor.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:47 am »

Why did I have the time to figure that workaround in Zelda?

Because I was a virgin until I was twenty, of course.

(I am definitely some nerds.)

ALSO: all I know for Texas is Amarillo and... I would not suggest it, if that's what all of Texas is like.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 06:11:07 am »

Minnesota has beautiful,varied terrain, a very high standard of living, tons of recreation, big businesses, excellent medical facilities, and an educated populace.

I'm going to be visiting your fare city soon.  Did I mention this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 06:21:50 am »

my aunt and uncle used to live in Houston, and basically describe it as being Hell. I am interested in what their experience was.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 03:18:04 pm »

I'm going to be visiting your fare city soon.  Did I mention this?

Yes, and I can't wait!  We are HANGING, dude. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 03:22:04 pm »

So to answer the question:

The best state is one where you see your enemies driven before you, and to hear the cries and lamentations of the women.
Logged

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 05:07:58 pm »

I think one of the unique things about Houston is that it revels in its shortcomings as much as it does its genuine advantages.  Not in a "fuck you if you don't like it here" way, but more of a bemused chuckle.  "Yeah, we know."  Sprawl?  "Yeah, we know."  Brutally humid summers?  "Yeah, we know."  Crappy public transportation?  "Yeah, we know."  But the people are friendly (no matter how Bible Belt the ideology, everyone's at least courteous), the winters are mild, the medical center is second to none in the world, the petroleum industry drives jobs for more than just engineers and fat cats, the cuisine is a hilarious blend of cultures (ever bought Cajun crawgiraffe from a family-owned Vietnamese restaurant that was better than "real" Cajun?).  Plus the whole lesbian mayor thing, which just goes to prove that the conventional wisdom about the political/social stances of a particular area of the country don't always hold water.

Did we ever get an answer as to what kind of certification you're looking to transfer?
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 10:04:01 pm »

I think one of the unique things about Houston is that it revels in its shortcomings as much as it does its genuine advantages.  Not in a "fuck you if you don't like it here" way, but more of a bemused chuckle.  "Yeah, we know."  Sprawl?  "Yeah, we know."  Brutally humid summers?  "Yeah, we know."  Crappy public transportation?  "Yeah, we know."  But the people are friendly (no matter how Bible Belt the ideology, everyone's at least courteous), the winters are mild, the medical center is second to none in the world, the petroleum industry drives jobs for more than just engineers and fat cats.

Thank you Ted, you've summed up my feelings about the city better than I've ever been able too.  I should add that fundamentalist Christians fuck like there's no tomorrow.

The cuisine is a hilarious blend of cultures (ever bought Cajun crawgiraffe from a family-owned Vietnamese restaurant that was better than "real" Cajun?).

And 10,000 Mexican restaurants of which maybe 5,000 are among the best in the world.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 11:40:38 pm »

What sort of license is it?

Pharmacy.  Why, can you pull a few strings?
Logged
ACHIEVE

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What is the best state?
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 11:47:27 pm »

I'm kinda not into Texas, I perceive it as being too hot and dry for me.

My plan right now is to snatch up a Pennsylvania license real fast, it seems like there is a lot of jobs and a good variety of interesting pharmacy work there.

Can anyone get me in the door of a nuclear pharmacy?  I would move anywhere where a nuclear pharmacy would hire me, but right now nuclear is only hiring people with previous nuclear experience.

I want to wear the radiation suit all day.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up