Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vitality of Advice  (Read 3897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Vitality of Advice
« on: August 03, 2003, 08:56:57 pm »

I'm guessing the end of the dumbrella board will eventually spell the end of Ray's Place As Advice Column. Sure, people will see "send in your advice-desparate (or not) questions!" or whatever O has on the bottom of the page there, but will there actively be enough people to keep it going for another few weeks?

I have to say, I hope not. In my opinion, O overdid the advice thing in too short a time. It could have been a long-running once-a-month kind of thing, but now it's all kind of played out. Witness:
Quote
Dear Reader,

If I have to answer one more question about martinis, I’m going to shoot a gun up my own butt.

Quote
Dear Rob,

How many times do I have to tell you guys! Don’t lie about who you are. (...) Dammit! Be your damn honest self.


(etc.)

How long do you think he'll really be able to keep this up? Frankly, I look forward to more of his diary-entry-type articles. Those were fun, and a cool way to keep the character building without having to "bother" with "drawing" "strips."

I'm looking forward to reading the replies to this.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Vitality of Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 09:27:24 pm »

Yea, I hope there wll be more of his straight columns. I thnk that's where the joy was. But I don't know if he'll wear out on the advice columns so easily. We'll see I guess. Would be so nice to see the original back though, the three or so weeks they ran for were the best.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Vitality of Advice
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 10:06:17 am »

The columns are dope. I hope to God he keeps them up, but I can see the point where, without the message board it could be tough. Also, this is my first drunk-post on the new board, and I think perhaps the first drunk-post on this board as a whole. There will be more.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Vitality of Advice
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 02:50:34 pm »

Dude, ALL of my posts have been drunk posts.

weeeeee

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Vitality of Advice
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 10:43:29 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Also, this is my first drunk-post on the new board, and I think perhaps the first drunk-post on this board as a whole. There will be more.


I would be drunk-posting but I stopped drinking, and I don't smoke anymore so most of my posts might not be as funny as they used to be, assuming that they were funny to begin with.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up