Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fooled By Coldplay  (Read 20126 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2003, 05:27:43 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The sad thing is that it probably did go to a better home, as someone who would take a CD from on top of a trash can would probably enjoy Andrew WK more than the guy who put it there.


Ha, ha! But a guy who lives IN a dumpster would enjoy it even more.


Because there is science here:

!I_Like_To_Party = {I live in constant fear of being crushed alive in the bowels of a huge filthy truck}
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2003, 07:08:41 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Because there is science here:

!I_Like_To_Party = {I live in constant fear of being crushed alive in the bowels of a huge filthy truck}

Well, when you live your life from hand to mouth on the street, fearing death from a thousand varied and horrible directions, if you must party, you will always PARTY HARD.

(Yes, I'm ashamed of myself, too.)
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2003, 10:38:38 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Because there is science here:

!I_Like_To_Party = {I live in constant fear of being crushed alive in the bowels of a huge filthy truck}

Well, when you live your life from hand to mouth on the street, fearing death from a thousand varied and horrible directions, if you must party, you will always PARTY HARD.

(Yes, I'm ashamed of myself, too.)


You people rock.  Both of you made me laugh so hard.  Tee hee!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2009, 02:37:55 pm »

Whatever  happened to Andrew WK?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2009, 04:50:23 pm »

I'm not sure why this thread was locked, so I unlocked it.

Basically because apparently Andrew WK is doing what he's always been doing. 

That picture gave me a chuckle.  There is something to be said about consistency.  I like the facial expressions on the other guys - they're like "yeah, he's insufferable, but it's better than playing Pachebel's Canon for the hundredth time at someone's wedding, okay?"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2009, 05:21:01 pm »

Whatever  happened to Andrew WK?

http://twitter.com/AndrewWK

like the picture says, hes on tour with that quartet.

he just released a solo album of piano jams.  he calls them "Spontaneous Solo Piano Improvisations".  AWK fanstend to dig it, people that have a stick up thier ass have given not given stellar reviews.  sounds biased, and maybe so.  i dig andrew wk a whole hell of a lot, but i didnt dig the new album.

he also runs a dance club in NYC called Santos Party House.

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2009, 08:11:08 pm »

I've been listening to Andrew W.K. for the past hour or so.  I guess he's got everything he's recorded loaded onto that website.  Most of it so far has been pretty retarded, but in a fun way.  I'm really digging the piano stuff though.  Seriously.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2009, 10:32:15 pm »

I've been listening to Andrew W.K. for the past hour or so.  I guess he's got everything he's recorded loaded onto that website.  Most of it so far has been pretty retarded, but in a fun way.  I'm really digging the piano stuff though.  Seriously.

regarding him and his full band: the studio CDs are more dance-y and produced.  i havent had the opportunuty to hear him live, but according to the videos, it sounds more thrash-y and metal, than dance-y.  ill take it either way.

hes my favorite rock and roll dude.  he has nothing but positive and up-building energy and im idealistic enough not to be suspicious and derisive.  sure he says things and writes songs that are cheese-y as all hell, but no music makes me not depressed like his.

my favorite video(thanks to the folks of jackas and muhfuggin BUTTERBEAN): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49mDdQSwPaA
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2009, 01:28:59 am »

there is an Onion AV club interview with him that my friend told me about the other day, where he seems like a nice guy.

My old roommate/good friend is super into andrew WK. He has had a very similar life in terms of "I am a weird dude who loves weird things and kind of doesn't understand society."

We had this joke that he doesn't understand how to understand patterns, so the other day we tested him.

"Ok, (friend), if I have a beer on monday and wednesday, and drink a coke on tuesday and thursday, what do I drink on friday?"
"A beer!"
"Haha, ok. Ok, yeah, I guess he understands patterns. haha."
"Oh. There was a pattern?"
"yeah!"
"oh. I just figured, you know, a lot of people drink beer on fridays."

I laughed so hard that I was compelled to run around the room.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2009, 02:57:31 am »

This thread is from… history!

"Fooled By Coldplay" would be a good band name.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2009, 03:25:06 am »

Andrew WK recently released a Japan-only album consisting of English covers and rock-styled rearrangements of songs and background music from the seminal 1979 anime Mobile Suit Gundam, as well as two spoken performances of translated speeches from the series. The translations and performance are excellent and capture the tone and message of the songs very well.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2009, 03:46:47 am »

Andrew WK recently released a Japan-only album consisting of English covers and rock-styled rearrangements of songs and background music from the seminal 1979 anime Mobile Suit Gundam, as well as two spoken performances of translated speeches from the series. The translations and performance are excellent and capture the tone and message of the songs very well.

japan is a strange country...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Fooled By Coldplay
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2009, 08:48:08 pm »

japan is a strange country...

Well, yes, but it's still a good album. You wouldn't think a song called "Soldiers of Sorrow" would be Andrew WK's speed but he does a great job on it.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up