Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.  (Read 10414 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 08:27:35 pm »

The most exquisite brain is the left leaning brain living in a red state.

Hells yeah!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

Quiet you. All talking from a state with 6 million people and 15 last names.

(mine tastes like ashes and sin)

I did my part to fight inbreeding.  I married a Missouri girl.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 01:40:26 am »

The most exquisite brain is the left leaning brain living in a red state.

Shit, I'm a card carrying liberal in arguably the reddest state in the union.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 03:23:40 am »

The funny thing about California... or at least the Los Angeles area, anyway... is that it is actually a LOT less liberal than everyone makes it out to be.

The general vibe amoungst everyone of the middle to upper classes seems to be not of the classic American liberal tradition at all but rather of the "quite socially permissive of people with money doing whatever the hell they want but if someone wants to give an extra dime of their goddamned taxes to a poor person, let alone a poor person of questionable legal status, they get their panties in such a fuck*ng bunch, they're coughing up their BVDs."

Which is, of course, less liberal and more a hypocritical dude wanting to come off as a liberal but wanting none of the trouble that comes with that position.

I mean, if that's your ACTUAL ideological position, I disagree with you but at least you're being honest.

But this whole "oh yeah, legalize pot and gay marriage and whatever but goddamn it let the Mexicans starve if it means my second yacht has to be pre-owned..."

Like, no. No, that is not actually consistent at all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 04:35:21 am »

Well, I think you've just described a rich libertarian.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 05:39:39 am »

And, yeah, if these people were presenting themselves as rich libertarians, I would agree to disagree and ask if they might please pass the dutchie.

But they have some Great Trouble with admitting this.

They feel guilty about their positions so they don't want to be considered the general type of person that holds those positions.

And it creates a false image of (at least southern) Californian politics.

That's all I'm saying.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 03:36:52 pm »

Hit a little close to home?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 05:07:24 pm »

Asherdan is the solution to Okun's leaky bucket of the social welfare function.
THE MORE YOU KNOW
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 05:25:49 pm »

Can we please not talk politics in my birthday thread?  Let's talk about boobies instead.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 05:33:59 pm »

Last Friday night there was a burlesque show tribute to Bettie Page held here in Houston.  Somehow this escaped my notice.  Some of my friends attended.

I was at the Improv seeing Charlie Murphy!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 05:50:50 pm »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 06:05:29 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 09:08:52 pm »

Can we please not talk politics in my birthday thread?  Let's talk about boobies instead.

i apologize for bringing it up.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 10:34:42 pm »

I declair this the most wanderingest of birthday threads in the shortest number of posts!  Huzzah!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Happy Birthday, Delta Niner.
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 02:15:59 am »

Boobies boobies boobies!  Also, Ash, sMets might be talking bout a measly 100,000 people, but you're talking about...one.  Tits tits titties tits tits!
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up