Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...  (Read 2630 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« on: January 15, 2010, 06:37:45 am »

Pales in comparison to the disaster in Haiti, but something about it is still hard for me to wrap my mind around. And a possible homicide angle now?

From NYT: Jay Reatard, 29, a Force in Punk Rock, Is Dead

Quote from: author Ben Sisario, NYT
Mr. Lindsey’s productivity was a source of as much admiration as curiosity in the music press, and he was often asked to explain his compulsion to create so much music so quickly.

"I’m just trying to get the idea out before the inspiration is gone,” he said. “Everything I do is motivated by the fear of running out of time."

Just kinda hits me in the gut.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:53 pm »

This freaks me out, too. My girlfriend was just telling me the other day to listen to Blood Visions.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 05:53:53 pm »

He couldn't stand knowing that he'd never get to live on Pandora.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:19:26 pm »

I have no idea why, but I parsed this in an odd way and was hoping Jay Leno had died.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 06:26:09 pm »

and was hoping Jay Leno had died.
Yeah, you and all of NBC.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 07:15:18 pm »

It sounds like I may have missed out on Mr. Lindsey.

What a Mr. Lindsey may look like:

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 01:10:48 am »

this dude is a stranger to me.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 08:00:42 pm »

How did he die?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 09:06:09 pm »

If it's known it hasn't been released. I guess he was found in bed early in the morning by a roommate. There was an article (here is the cache url) indicating that a homicide investigation was opened that has since been removed.

Here's a video from his most recent album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG65eqfg6bc
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jay Reatard Dead at 29...
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 10:52:36 pm »

That was pretty good.  Big budget too.  They spent a lot of money on that clip.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up