Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 Things  (Read 8089 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 05:02:39 am »

i have like eleventy national geographics that i need to read and take pictures out of( i use them for art/craft stuff(cards and collages)) so i can throw them out.  i used to get: spin, blender, revolver, and alternative press.

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 05:19:36 am »

I have never even considered subscribing to a magazine (internet ftw)

Totally. I used to subscribe to New York soon after David Edelstein started writing for them, but after a while I realized I can just read his articles online and dropped it. I don't think I've ever made it through an entire magazine, ever, so it would be ridiculous for me to have a subscription. I used to pick up copies of Mojo and other music magazines and have some of those copies stashed somewhere, but who has time between television and online porn for that shit anymore?

i have like eleventy national geographics that i need to read and take pictures out of( i use them for art/craft stuff(cards and collages)) so i can throw them out.

I've had subscriptions for that one before, usually as gifts, and never read the issues, but yeah, they are good for crafty stuff.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 05:27:13 am »

Oh man, I have this amazing mojo with the best drug songs of all time.  The bonus cd that came with is so good.

I also have a Smiths and Lou Reed mojo.  For like 5 years there was a picture of Dylan standing outside a place in England that used the acronym LSD that I cut out of the drug song mojo.  (on my wall, I forgot to say on my wall)

That is a good magazine is what I am saying.

Here is a good track from the bonus drug disc ("Feed Your Head"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30xBn2OkXyk
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:00:06 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 05:33:10 am »

Dude, I have the drugs one too. The CD looks like a pill, right? It's around here somewhere. And I think I have the Smiths issue. I may have to dig those out tonight.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 06:00:30 am »

That's the one.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 06:08:10 am »

The only magazine I ever subscribed to was Men's Health. It taught me one invaluable tip: when removing your ##### in front of a lady make sure to hook your thumbs through your socks. That way your socks come off with your #####. Because a man who is naked except for socks is not sexy.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 07:01:14 am »

The only magazine I ever subscribed to was Men's Health. It taught me one invaluable tip: when removing your ##### in front of a lady make sure to hook your thumbs through your socks. That way your socks come off with your #####. Because a man who is naked except for socks is not sexy.

chill out yo, you already have a season pass.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 07:24:12 am »

I had read this somewhere, and mentioned it, and my girlfriend always yells WATCH OUT! and points to my socks if I am in danger of making that mistake.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:16:43 pm »

My most recent lady friend decided this was a really excellent idea and that it should be taught to all men. Probably at the same time you learn to shave.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 05:10:20 am »

I met with my friend tonight, and told him when reading his blog I did briefly get angry at him.  Socks and undies are consumables - just like shampoo and such, I think these things should not count toward his 100 things.  This is not to say I think he should have any one more item than he wants to, but I honestly wear out a pair of socks or two just a quickly as I got through a bottle of shampoo.

In regard to my friend, about two and a half years ago, his marriage ended, and I told him something along the lines: "I love being partnered off, but I envy you, because as painful as it is right now, you will reach a point where you're through the pain, and you will be so entirely free and open to possibility."  Do any of you know that point, after a break up, when you've finally healed and your suddenly able to see that you can basically do anything?  That's such a joyful feeling to come to, especially when hard won.  He's there right now.  I'm proud of him for making it to there.  And look at how he's taken that freedom and manifested it.  It's poetic.

I've come to a point where I have too much stuff.  Having not been a particularly stable person in the past, I moved around a lot, and with each move came a natural purge.  Now, having been in the same place for almost five years I have accumulated too much.  Being both creative and resourceful, I can easily imagine how to repurpose most things.  So the basement is full, and I'm itchy to clear it out. To put things to use, to give things away, throw things away...  I'm not much for extremes anymore, so I'm not going to boil it down to 100 things, but I'm going to draw major inspiration from his challenge.  There are things I value because of their supreme functionality, but then there are things that I value because of their sentimentality.  When it comes to the latter, the memories and meaning are mine regardless of the material items I attach them to.  So what's with all the crap in my basement?  Further examination is required.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »


For some reason, I keep New Yorkers.  I don't keep any other magazines.  That's pretty stupid, isn't it?

See, this is the last magazine I feel like I need to keep, because there willl always be another one in a week.

I really should do something about the Pug Talk, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 03:54:28 pm »

See, this is the last magazine I feel like I need to keep, because there willl always be another one in a week.

I really should do something about the Pug Talk, though.
Well you can either do something now, or wait until your home contains only your pugs and back issues of pug talk, with you living outside in a tent on a wifi connection. DONT LET THIS BE YOUR FUTURE!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »

I had read this somewhere, and mentioned it, and my girlfriend always yells WATCH OUT! and points to my socks if I am in danger of making that mistake.

That is adorable.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 07:58:17 pm »

Well you can either do something now, or wait until your home contains only your pugs and back issues of pug talk, with you living outside in a tent on a wifi connection.

Don't forget the collection of stuffed pugs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Things
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 04:05:37 pm »

Taxidermied pugs?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up