Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)  (Read 4984 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:24:09 pm »

So, in this thread I brought up pet taxidermy, jokingly.  So then I googled pet taxidermy...  I don't know why, but I did.  So any way, this is Perpetual Pet, or more specifically, it's the image gallery of the work this business does.  When cute and grotesque and depressing collide, this is what you get.

I also found this tiny taxidermied pug puppy that sold on ebay for a surprisingly large sum, which is something I can't find any lolz about at all.  Apparently this item is for "the serious taxidermy collector." 

Yikes.

(edit: fixed the link)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:58:06 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:52 pm »

I'm going to marry tinkebell and have her turn my pigs into remote control cars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aybjk64SYH8
She also makes things wombat should never see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5cTlWu2fsY
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:25:19 pm »

ALSO: A-Caps links would have been better with more of Tinkerbells tits. For some reason I kept wanting them to make an appearance. I know, not cool, but it is what it is.
It almost makes up for her crazy.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:54:07 am »

That taxidermy pug is interesting because it's from the late nineteenth century, and pugs looked quite different then. Also they cropped their ears, as you can see if you look closely. Obviously they had a very different sense of cuteness.

It kind of doesn't bother me because that pug would have been dead for over a century by now either way. I'm also OK with the fact that you put the wrong link in to the modern company... I would look, but it might be better NOT to look.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 03:59:14 am »

It is something one might rather not look at.  I fixed it, but then... Some are so lifelike, while others.... icky.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 04:12:32 am »

I love listening to Dutch.  Its like dream writing - it almost makes sense. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:46:30 pm »

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:40 am »

I love listening to Dutch.  Its like dream writing - it almost makes sense. 

Yes - I feel like any word now it's going to turn into English or German, but it never does.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:25:26 pm »

I have a cat called 21 (it's not a gimmicky name, even though it is - it just sounds good in portuguese - as it does in english). If I got rich he'd be immortal, perpetually cloned, a long line of 22, 23 etc; and for tradition's sake, their hides would become tambourines (an old samba myth that says that cats provide the best hide for making them).
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 02:39:53 pm »

I have a cat called 21 (it's not a gimmicky name, even though it is - it just sounds good in portuguese - as it does in english). If I got rich he'd be immortal, perpetually cloned, a long line of 22, 23 etc; and for tradition's sake, their hides would become tambourines (an old samba myth that says that cats provide the best hide for making them).

[[sings]]
i knew a man, dejavroom and hed dance for you
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:46:26 pm »

Google tells me that twenty in Portuguese is also twenty.  True?

55 in Italian is quite euphonious, IMO.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 11:22:49 pm »

I initially misread the title of this thread as "Perpetual Pat", so now I'm imagining a stuffed Pat with a built-in voice recorder that constantly criticises your eating habits and social responsibility and, well, everything.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 04:29:34 pm »

Google tells me that twenty in Portuguese is also twenty.  True?

Oops, just saw this.

no, no, google is drunk. "twenty" in portuguese is "vinte" (veen-tchee); "vinte e um" (21) would be "veen-tchee-oom"
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 04:57:44 pm »

Here's another idea: make your loved one's cremated remains - pet or human, or, if they are not dead, their HAIR - into a diamond.
http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/beloved_pets_main2006.aspx
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Perpetual Pet (oh dear god.)
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 04:59:45 pm »

Here's another idea: make your loved one's cremated remains - pet or human, or, if they are not dead, their HAIR - into a diamond.
http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/beloved_pets_main2006.aspx

I don't know why, but about 10 years ago I thought it would be really cool to own a pet cemetary and sell these things as an add-on service.  (Was I high?  No.)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up