Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the last conan  (Read 3449 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
the last conan
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:35:27 am »

anybody watching? it just started here.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 05:00:26 am »

Shit was that tonight? Just tuned in.
His efforts to make pretend expensive unfunny skits is kind of annoying. 1) There are much funnier and eccentric ways to pretend to blow millions of dollars. 2) Even if it was real, he could at least just make sure people benefited... like the people in Haiti... or the millions of out of work viewers.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: the last conan
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:10:24 am »

Thought this may have bizarrely been a thread on some Conan the Barbarian sequel/threequel/quartupal

Been reading up on this whole Leno/Conan case. $44million dollar redundancy package right? TV is mental.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:31:09 am »

Don't be cynical, it will get you nowhere in life. - Is advice I'm going to think about.
Respect for not firebombing his NBC bridge.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: the last conan
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:01:58 am »

im trying to understand this whole situation.....

is conan getting cornholed because of low ratings?  why didnt team coco just watch the show so he could get good ratings and not get cornholed (as opposed to kissing his ass on the way out the door)?  did jay leno have equally shitty ratings 7 months after he took over?  is this even about ratings? just what the fuck is going on?!

i like conan more than leno, but im not getting all upset over crap on TV.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:13:42 am »

most of the people in team coco were people like me that watched most nights, the ratings went up because people who weren't watching heard about team coco.

conan's getting cornholed because jay changed his mind and zucker decided to screw him out of the tonight show. jay wasn't supposed to have five nights a week at 10pm, because that would drop local news ratings enough for them to pre-empt with reruns of oh let's say friends and seinfeld and dateline. when the local news ratings drop so do later ratings. jay's show tanked, local news ratings took a dive, and jay's audience never switched to conan because jay was on earlier. zucker loves jay because zucker is the peter principle exemplar, and conan respected carson and letterman too much to fall for the dick move of starting the tonight show tomorrow morning. and still, jay didn't tell zucker to drop it.

that's pretty much where it falls for me.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 06:59:50 am »

Shit was that tonight? Just tuned in.
His efforts to make pretend expensive unfunny skits is kind of annoying. 1) There are much funnier and eccentric ways to pretend to blow millions of dollars. 2) Even if it was real, he could at least just make sure people benefited... like the people in Haiti... or the millions of out of work viewers.

I think it is hilarious if NBC is actually having to pay millions for this shit.

Come on, the Veyron penis is pretty good and the Kentucky Derby winner watching restricted NFL content without the express written consent of the NFL is fuck*ng classic.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: the last conan
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 03:39:03 pm »

this opinion is a lot like mine.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 04:23:26 pm »

I don't really appreciate the significance of a lot of this but it has made Letterman's monologues funnier.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: the last conan
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 08:07:42 pm »

I don't really appreciate the significance of a lot of this but it has made Letterman's monologues funnier.

you would get it if you were a loud-mouthed, culturally ignorant douche from the richest, most powerful country in the world.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 05:53:22 am »

Rumor has it that the reason Leno is still on the air and Conan is not is because Leno's got a $150 million poison pill in his contract, so Conan's buyout was cheaper.

But whether that is true or not this was just a series of astonishingly bad decisions, and Leno hasn't been funny since he replaced his testicles with NBC money.  His greatest current skill is being non-offensive.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 06:12:24 am »

Anyone got a youtube link to video's of Jay being offensive?  Cos that would be money about now.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 12:31:57 am »

Anyone got a youtube link to video's of Jay being offensive?  Cos that would be money about now.
This is pretty offensive now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: the last conan
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 06:11:49 am »

Wow, "Conan, its yours, buddy".

I mean, sure, that was then, this is now....but damn - he hit it on the head there "Get out on top", and "I'm no Johnny Carson". 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: the last conan
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 06:40:11 am »

one o the commenters made a good point.  something along the lines of, "they gave jay leno 3 years to build up ratings, but they only gave conan 7 months."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: [1]   Go Up