Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leisure Suit Larry (Split)  (Read 3045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Leisure Suit Larry (Split)
« on: December 04, 2003, 10:52:48 pm »

I really wish Larry games ran on my current computer.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Leisure Suit Larry (Split)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 04:30:29 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I really wish Larry games ran on my current computer.


There is a flourishing and wonderful subculture on Das Nett dedicated to helping people like yourself do exactly that.

The LSL games were... ehh. When I was eleven and not supposed to be playing them (well, that all sort of went out the window when my grandmother got me LSL 3 for some gift-giving event or another - true story) I thought they were goddamned hilarious.  Looking back, though, I cannot understand how I ever put up with Sierra's adventure games. Oh I have to type in the long-winded and gratuitous directions for CPR exactly or else I never drive the submarine, roger that. I guess I just liked finding colorful and noisy brick walls against which I can bang my head. MEET FUN SINGLES IN YOUR AREA AT CUPID DOT COM

Don't nobody say nothing bad about Jones in the Fast Lane, but.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Leisure Suit Larry (Split)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 04:49:21 am »

What St Zartan said.  

I can remember sitting in front of the ol' XT really wanting LSL or Police Quest to actually be fun.  I mean, the games were sort of impressive at the time, but the gameplay was much like stuffing envelopes.

The game I miss from those days is NFL Challenge.  A football game that test your strategy and play calling skills, not your manual dexterity.  Gotta love it.

And Kroz.  Miss that, too.

Before you get all helpful and post links to these moldy oldies, thanks anyhow.  I've found 'em, downloaded 'em and installed 'em.  You can't go home again.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Leisure Suit Larry (Split)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 05:54:48 am »

I have a friend who got obsessed with the King's Quest games in about the year 2000. It always sort of worried me, since they didn't seem sufficiently retro enough, all told...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Leisure Suit Larry (Split)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 02:05:29 pm »

Sometimes the best part of Larry games was the crazy ways too die. Like eating the tainted mayo in the life boat.

They're actually a whole new generation of the sports/strategy games out. The only one I've played is EWR which is more like a beta, though.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Leisure Suit Larry (Split)
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 03:54:38 pm »

Even more questionable will be the new LSL game that is in the works.
I know nothing about it, except whatsisname has nothing to do with it...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Leisure Suit Larry (Split)
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 06:58:33 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
eating the tainted mayo in the life boat


 IT'S TAKE THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT MONTH HERE AT YOUR SOUTHEAST TEXAS CHEVY DEALERS
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up