Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )  (Read 5656 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 10:08:48 pm »

Yeah, it's mindblowing, trust me.









Whoa.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 10:11:45 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I wish I could unlearn my whole understanding of "Butterball" so that I can experience this for myself.


My deepest, and most sincere apologies, for being British and already knowing what it was.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 11:15:32 pm »

oh wow, Gimpson lives in Shawnee! I used to live there!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 11:16:01 pm »

Personally, now I'm wondering about this. I'm not about to try an empirical experiment, though.

Conjecture on the end of the Ray-in-Hell arc: Ray will suddenly reappear in Achewood. No explanation. Perhaps Achewood is Hell? Perhaps Ray just Oded on LSD-laced Tofutti Cuties?

Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that accidentally puking on a light socket would count enough as "dying for real" that you could get to Heaven, because you just know Blister's death was equally stupid.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 11:25:53 pm »

Yes, I was unclear on whether he was calling Butterball to find out if the deed would be sufficiently lethal to suicide, or if he was calling to find out if he needed to expend the energy to avoid doing it.  (The vomiting on the socket.)
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2003, 12:32:06 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that accidentally puking on a light socket would count enough as "dying for real" that you could get to Heaven, because you just know Blister's death was equally stupid.

Hey, how did Blister die, anyway?  Do we know?
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2003, 12:41:49 am »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that accidentally puking on a light socket would count enough as "dying for real" that you could get to Heaven, because you just know Blister's death was equally stupid.

Hey, how did Blister die, anyway?  Do we know?

I don't think we've ever been told, but the squirrels all tend to die through misadventure -- either bad luck or gross stupidity. Todd seems to be the sole exception (although he hasn't been in the strip much lately...)
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2003, 02:35:04 am »

real squirrels die this way. have you ever driven on a road in the woods, and slam on the brakes in order to prevent the death of an idiotic squirrel, only to have it run BACK UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR when you start moving again? I cant count the number of times that has happened to me.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 03:03:09 am »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
I haven't yet reached a conclusion on whether or not this one is happening concurrently with the Ray-in-Hell storyline or not.



Right.  Somehow I have the feeling that descended in to hell in a non-contemporaneous fashion.

Maybe Ray is in Hell on Earth2.  Or Achewood2.  Or Underworld2.  Or something.  Perhaps we shall have to have a Crisis on Infinite Achewoods to rectify this whole thing.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 03:37:49 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
only to have it run BACK UNDERNEATH YOUR CAR


I read this as RUN BACKWARDS under your car, and got all excited for a moment trying to form a mental picture of a squirrel running backwards into certain doom.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
1-800-BUTTERBALL (10 Dec )
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2003, 04:44:09 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Maybe Ray is in Hell on Earth2.  Or Achewood2.  Or Underworld2.  Or something.  Perhaps we shall have to have a Crisis on Infinite Achewoods to rectify this whole thing.

Only if we get to see Dark Cyborg Roast Beef kill several minor characters in quick succession. "killin' is a special thing I do   when I'm tired of thinking about Andy the goddang *****   *blam*"
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up