Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010  (Read 13267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:16:25 pm »

A seven dollar potato?   Outrageous!

Ray wakes up in the morning and kicks hundred thousand dollar ideas out of bed.  Only millions for this cat.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:37:47 pm »

I would buy the regular apple on the assumption there is nothing I could possibly do to make the pretty girl interested in me.

Scratch that, I'd buy my apple at the farmers' market like a real man.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:48:43 pm »

You have to keep your eye on that Mackey character.

Quote
For about eight years until last August, the company confirms, Mr. Mackey posted numerous messages on Yahoo Finance stock forums as Rahodeb. It's an anagram of Deborah, Mr. Mackey's wife's name. Rahodeb cheered Whole Foods' financial results, trumpeted his gains on the stock and bashed Wild Oats. Rahodeb even defended Mr. Mackey's haircut when another user poked fun at a photo in the annual report. "I like Mackey's haircut," Rahodeb said. "I think he looks cute!"

http://www.smartmoney.com/breaking-news/smw/?story=20070712105705
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:24:20 pm »

Ray is a genius.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 03:39:04 pm »

how much of pats money is this guy gonna get?

...wait, pat hates whole foods, nevermind.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 05:46:53 pm »

Do Catholics even do plenary indulgences anymore?

Or did they phase that out in favor of child molestation?


Maybe we should bring them back and call them "Sin credits." I am "Sin neutral."
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 06:10:43 pm »

"Talked to apples" are Veblen goods. Wham. 'goods' trifecta before 1:30.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 07:19:50 pm »

Two updates in three days?

How am I supposed to keep my personal text up to date
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 12:00:50 am »

Man, everybody's got a thing. Some people blow their money on sexy things, some people blow their money on drugs. Some people blow their money on art. Some people blow their money on really specifically-cultivated food. Me, I've got a weakness for well-made material objects. All leather-bound hardcover books, all die-cast metal transforming *****s, oh yes sir.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 07:26:03 am »

Drugs, guitar pedals and organic staple foods for me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 08:33:52 am »

translation of this strip:

"BirkenSTOCKS? More like BirkenSUCKS!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

Drugs, guitar pedals and organic staple foods for me.

Wise choices, my friend. I'd subscribe to your newsletter.
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 10:17:54 pm »

Thinking about it more, catholic indulgences are a pretty crappy metaphor.
is donating to charity a bad thing if you are doing it because it makes you feel good? no. feeling good is your brain's reward for doing something good.
maybe some sort of metaphor to a thing where people think they are doing good, and in theory the thing is good, but because of the way the government has defined this label it is basically meaningless and may actually be worse for the world than the thing you think you're getting, so you are doing something good for a good reason but maybe it is not as good for the world as you want it to be.

I can't think of a comparison other than  "mass produced organic food in the late 20th/early 21st century."

maybe donating to a charity that doesn't really help people that much. one where the idea is good, but they are kind of going about it in a wrong-headed way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 10:27:39 pm »

maybe donating to a charity that doesn't really help people that much. one where the idea is good, but they are kind of going about it in a wrong-headed way.
You mean like how people who boycott 'sweatshop' products actually contribute to the unemployment and underdevelopment of the people they are trying to help? /troll
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Whiny Vassar Midget Minute - Feb 2, 2010
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:56 pm »

I was thinking about this exact thing yesterday, and there is a fallacy in there, but I could not quite decide what it is.

1. when confronted with falling sales, are, say, Nike going to just sit there scratching their asses until they go out of business and have to close all their factories? this seems unlikely.

there is also a thing going on here of... "it is OK when I use my money to buy an Escalade, because it makes me feel good, but it is not OK when you use your money to buy organic food, because you're just LORDING YOUR MONEY OVER US."

Like, the guy with an Escalade accusing someone of elitism is pretty goofy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:03:37 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up