Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Campbell's Hourly Comic  (Read 5196 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:38:35 pm »

This isn't funny in the sense that Pictures for Sad Children is funny.

You know.

"At all."

Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:02:36 pm »

they don't have to be they're so good
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 09:31:48 pm »

This dude boned Kate Beaton. If he's good enough for her, he's good enough for me.

Wait, that sounds like I want to fuck him. nm
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 09:51:34 pm »

Quote from: This dude
during the month of january i make a journal comic every hour that i am awake.

at the end of the day, i scan these and put them online and you can read them about 24 hours after i drew them.

i wanted to see what it would be like if journal comics were a little more detailed and also monotonous. it helps me see where my life has been ("nowhere") and where my life is going (probably also "nowhere")

on february first some other people also do this.

after that, i am sick of hourly comics and i do not feel like doing them again for about eleven months

Thats kind of a sad story.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 09:58:03 pm »

At least it updates more frequently than this place.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 12:11:52 am »

Thats kind of a sad story.

If you've read PFSC you'll know that "happy" isn't exactly John Campbell's thing.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 08:16:12 am »

i can handle his regular comics because there is enough time between updates for me to cheer the hell up.  if i read his hourly comics, id probably get S.O.S.A.D. and want to eat a bullet.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 05:38:23 am »

I have met this John Campbell and enjoy Pictures for Sad Children a lot.  I wonder if I bought him a beer would he put that in his hourly comic?

Anyway, it is good to be in Chicago and the hourly comics apparently has other artists contributing to it that I know or have met.  I may even read some of them someday.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: John Campbell's Hourly Comic
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 03:45:16 pm »

I am put in mind of Jim's Journal.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up