Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379705 times)

0 Members and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1875 on: August 10, 2012, 01:56:18 pm »

Listened to a bunch of Randy Travis this morning. Daaamn, that shit is hokey.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1876 on: August 10, 2012, 02:42:01 pm »

Listened to a bunch of Randy Travis this morning. Daaamn, that shit is hokey.

Did you happen to do that because he got picked up for a DUI naked the other day?

Hokey or not, that's some George Jones level drinkin' right there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1877 on: August 10, 2012, 05:50:08 pm »

Yeah, naked and drunk next to a wrecked car is pretty country.  Too bad he didn't make good music.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1878 on: August 10, 2012, 06:59:09 pm »

Yeah, I mean that was some George Jones level drinking, but the music... I gotta admit, it's so hokey it's fun. Give this one a listen. But I can only take so much of it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1879 on: August 10, 2012, 07:48:27 pm »

It sounds like the old country music that I don't like.  Like the Hank Snow country.  That is a lot better than, you know, Hank Jr. country or some such.

here is a good song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhHaNeY1m-E

Mexican (amphetamine?) Polka:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZMLEvkS48
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1880 on: August 10, 2012, 08:11:25 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1882 on: August 11, 2012, 03:27:19 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1885 on: August 26, 2012, 12:51:58 am »

damn, I just read that. I usually like to imagine that my favorite rap artists are just pretending to be tough guys, and are actually scaredy little mommas boys who hid inside and rapped all day instead of selling drugs.

Watching that video (Brooklyn Zoo,) I find ODB to be... really scary.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1886 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:17 am »

I always say I hate "epic" music, but what I mean is "epic" guitar.  you know, that one sounding guitar?  That sounds really bad and epic and 70's?  Yeah, that sucks, but here is an awesome epic song (also, a band I simply cannot get enough of right now, Songs Ohia): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGmGRNO37Y

This is the other band I can't stop listening to now, they are pretty close to the opposite of Songs Ohia: I Hate You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eOuPeAfOeE Monk Time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YMe4OrE_SA
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1887 on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:42 am »

Amphetamines you say?  I'll show you some amphetamines.

I've been reading TOUAMB on my phone mainly, so not clicking on links or replying, this was pretty alright.  My only issue is, like, where is the twang bro?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1888 on: August 27, 2012, 11:32:21 pm »

Oh, also I am playing bass in this new thing.  The way I have learned how to play bass is this: play bass off and on for like 3 years, don't really give a fuck about it, play in a folk rock band where you write the lyrics and the other dude writes your bass parts, sings and plays guitar.  Then, get excited by doing that, but also end up hating that guy and that thing you were doing.  Then, play guitar for like 2 years without really caring about it, mainly just playing chords for your folk lyrics.  Then, care about guitar deeply for like a year and a half, get to be passable in an indie rock or noise band.  Then, start playing bass again! And oh my god is it fuck*ng easy and fun.  I am pretty modest in real life, especially about my musical ability (I am good enough to be the dude who does the simple stuff that like every band does and I can structure songs in unique ways when I am in a band that actually structures songs and I think I write unique, weird but not too weird lyrics.) but oh my god I am good at bass!  Like really good!  Surprising myself and enjoying myself good!

So yeah, I have been back on the bands that got me wanting to play bass in the first place.

Stone Roses- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BfnXX7EvhM

Gang of Four- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mezAqa56jqQ&feature=related

Smiths- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc1ObUMFWMo
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1889 on: August 28, 2012, 04:41:28 am »

Yeah, living in a house with a lot of dudes who play guitar, I have been volunteering to play bass lately. I am pretty into it. I just need one of them to actually fuck*ng learn how to play drums.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 190   Go Up