Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379706 times)

0 Members and 50 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2220 on: December 09, 2013, 02:53:27 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2221 on: December 09, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »

^Poor Culkin's on the junk again. Or was he ever not
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2222 on: December 10, 2013, 08:02:10 pm »

Snowy day requires motivation music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRLl2yVrJzE
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2223 on: December 12, 2013, 08:18:10 am »

currently shaking my ass to:

got to give it up pt. 1-marvin gaye
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2224 on: December 12, 2013, 11:45:36 am »

url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLjT4nrUTQ]got to give it up pt. 1[/url]-marvin gaye

Oh yeah!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2225 on: December 17, 2013, 07:04:12 pm »

Anybody doin' the jazz? I ain't no luddite, I like (some) metally stuff as much as the next dude, but GOD DAMN, WYNTON MARSALIS COULD PLAY A TRUMPET WITH HIS GOD DAMN SCHLONG AND I'D LISTEN TO EVERY NOTE!

Here's a fifty-minute concert of old school New Orleans jams for ya.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2226 on: December 17, 2013, 07:39:49 pm »

HARD LESSONS! Don't come cheap!

I love loud fast aggressive music, but when it abandons all pretense of melody it loses me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2227 on: December 17, 2013, 09:04:52 pm »

Quote
I love loud fast aggressive music, but when it abandons all pretense of melody it loses me.

I am really fascinated by how over time, my sense of music has changed so much. Recently I listened to REM and a lot of it was WAY too corny for me. At the same time, old country songs that used to be too sweet for me seem just right now. And noisy stuff that I used to hate just seems so damn catchy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2228 on: December 17, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »

im not angry enough for most of that aggro shit anymore.  i used to floorpunch and throw elbows to hatebreed and XthrowdownX and lamb of god with all the dudebro's.  now i own a bunch of killswitch songs and thats good enough.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2229 on: December 17, 2013, 11:36:57 pm »

noisy stuff that I used to hate just seems so damn catchy.

Welcome to pavement-town, dude! I too used to hate on the whole distorted 90s grunge thing, but only in the last few years have I realized how nice and melodically rich these kinds of jams are!

For some great throwback/revivalist songs in the same vein, I'd check out Yuck! The whole album is so dang catchy, and the way these guys have with melody just really evokes some feelings in me that I don't quite have a grasp on.
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2230 on: December 18, 2013, 01:21:09 am »

Man, I want to like yuck (and do like them) but ALL of their fuck*ng songs are about you and I and that bugs me.  Use some god damn proper nouns, or at least fuck*ng pronouns.

Also, if I know inev he liked pavement already, just not that song?

Edit:  you and I might be pronouns?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2231 on: December 18, 2013, 01:33:05 am »

Yeah, I phrased that horribly.  The REM experience was recent, the other examples were over the past few years. I have liked that song and that band for a while. It was just another example of how my ear for music has changed over time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2232 on: December 18, 2013, 01:40:21 am »

Ah, my bad. But the Yuck recommendation still stands, even though I'm afraid to relisten to that album right now, lest Mr. Hernandez's observation becomes the only thing I can hear!

Maybe I'll have to give REM a second (third?) chance though. What would be a good place for a former hater to start, inev?
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2233 on: December 18, 2013, 01:43:39 am »

Edit:  you and I might be pronouns?

Yes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2234 on: December 18, 2013, 02:17:05 am »

Maybe I'll have to give REM a second (third?) chance though. What would be a good place for a former hater to start, inev?

With REM it's more about where you stop.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 190   Go Up