Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 379564 times)

0 Members and 53 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2265 on: December 19, 2013, 02:35:42 pm »

Glad that you have the opportunity to go over someone's top 50. On Slate's year-end music discussion someone lamented that we're all listening to the same thing. I don't think that's true, or at least no more true than it used to be. Yeah, fine, everyone knows Daft Punk and Miley Cyrus, but when I look at Pitchfork's year-end list, or eMusic's, there is so much that I've never even heard of, and I think I'm more up to speed on music than the average person. It's that long-tail thing. I just don't have the time to explore it all.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2266 on: December 19, 2013, 10:28:02 pm »

Holy shit, today took a swerve into Diddley.

Good stuff.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2267 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:42 pm »

Holy shit, today took a swerve into Diddley.

Oh hells yes
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2268 on: December 20, 2013, 12:47:15 am »

Dispatch from the past —— Soft Bulletin is frickin' GOLD
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2269 on: December 20, 2013, 08:49:29 pm »

HARD LESSONS! Don't come cheap!

One thing I did like about that vid, it made listen to Spiral Architect.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2270 on: December 21, 2013, 03:55:43 am »

Cœur de Pirate is from Quebec, and she's pretty great.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2271 on: December 30, 2013, 03:07:15 pm »

2013 year-end mix. It is titled "flomp"
1. Pickwick “The Round”
2. Cayucas “High School Lover”
3. Veronica Falls “Teenage”
4. Wild Cub “Colour”
5. Avicii “Wake Me Up”
6. Honor By August “Already Yours”
7. Fang Island “Asunder”
8. Turnpike Glow “1986”
9. Okkervil River “Down Down the Deep River”
10. Little Green Cars “Angel Owl”
11. The National “Humiliation”
12. Phosphorescent “Song for Zula”
13. Tallest Man on Earth “There’s No Leaving Now”
14. Volcano Choir “Tiderays”
15. Neko Case “Ragtime”
16. Dum Dum Girls “Lord Knows”
17. Elvis Costello & the Roots, “Wake Me Up”
18. Daft Punk “Doing It Right”
19. Memory Tapes “Sheila”
20. The Head & the Heart “Gone”

The Spotify version swaps out another Wild Cub song, because for some reason the one I prefer isn't available. Also, this doesn't fit on one CD, but whatevs, we're all over CDs by this point, right? If you want actual MP3s let me know and I'll make them available.
spoti.fi/JfbZ8Q
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2272 on: December 30, 2013, 04:32:34 pm »

If you want actual MP3s let me know and I'll make them available.

Yes, please.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2273 on: December 30, 2013, 08:48:56 pm »

When I was a kid I was a serious devotee of the Midnight Special, but I never saw this. Holy Shit AC/DC is bad ass!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2274 on: December 30, 2013, 09:40:22 pm »

When I was a kid I was a serious devotee of the Midnight Special, but I never saw this. Holy Shit AC/DC is bad ass!

Thanks for sharing, that's awesome. That's a great song.

Powerage might be my favorite AC/DC album. The Australian Dirty Deeds (I have an issue with the side 2 sequencing so I usually listen to my own version, and the US release is garbage because it doesn't include Jailbreak) might be tied for first but they both kick ass.

Bon Scott era AC/DC is so fuck*ng bad ass.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2275 on: January 02, 2014, 09:36:14 pm »

This is so cool. Electronic music is so cool. Dance music is so good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2276 on: January 03, 2014, 04:41:02 am »

Just imagine how soulfully John Coltrane would have wielded a penis.  Jimi Hendrix could have made an Excel spreadsheet dance.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

ianmalcolm2

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 129
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 206
  • the persian inversion
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2277 on: January 03, 2014, 05:44:44 am »

^ okay the filter has me baffled this time. Although I'm a man of ladies, I'm sure Coltrane wielded his peen with gusto and decorum
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:01:52 pm by ianmalcolm2 »
Logged
Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2278 on: January 03, 2014, 02:16:07 pm »

What filter?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2279 on: January 04, 2014, 03:21:48 pm »

sista big bones-anthony hamilton
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 190   Go Up