Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 190   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 380975 times)

0 Members and 46 Guests are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:18 pm »

Gogol are superb. First time I ever saw them was on Jools Holland, best thing on the show by a mile that night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSaYgAp2lw&feature=related
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2010, 01:44:42 am »

I fell in love with a girl this weekend

This is the album I fell in love with her to.

It is 69 Love Songs by the Magnetic Fields.

It's superb. An album to fall in love to, an album to cry about love to, an album to pontificate about love to, an album to regret love to. 69 love songs all in different genres poking fun at, eulogising on, waxing lyrical on love

I am very fussy with music released post-1990 so take it from me, this is worth listening to. Highly critically acclaimed stuff too.

I Don't Believe In The Sun Kind of a Nick Cave vibe circa The Boatman's Call
Long Forgotten Fairytale Kind of like (will fill this in when I remember who I remember). Much more lively than the song above if you didn't fancy it. Also contains a dancing girl.
A Chicken With Its Head Cut Off Country vibes. Nice lyrics
The Death of Ferdinand De Saussure Just brilliant. One of those songs which keeps the same groove throughout (top bass line) but it's damn good. Kind of a bit REM-y if they were crossed with Belle and Sebastian. That's a terrible description. Just listen. Lovely chorus
Washington D.C Cheerleader intro turns into a beautiful song about the place your lover calls home
I Don't Want To Get Over You Breakup song for the foolish among us


Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2010, 03:02:58 am »

I'm sorry, but I can't listen to the Magnetic Fields without thinking of this.  I even took a related photograph.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2010, 03:21:30 am »

YES.

69 love songs is a bit uneven, but when it is good, it IS GOOD. including all of the ones linked above, I really love Epitaph for My Heart, Zebra, and Underwear.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2010, 03:24:36 am »

If you haven't check out Holiday and The Charm of the Highway Strip. I don't think they've ever topped those.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2010, 03:27:00 am »

I'm sorry, but I can't listen to the Magnetic Fields without thinking of this.  I even took a related photograph.



Bwahahaha. That's pretty good

I think my life's taking a turn for the worse obviously

Pass the (British Cheetos)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2010, 03:39:35 am »

Underwear.

Underwear is sort of like the best song Serge Gainsbourg never wrote, but mostly in English.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2010, 10:10:53 pm »

it is my girlfriend's favorite album/band, but I often can't stand them at all. I am a jerk.

Chicken with it's head cut off, though, wow. So good.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:14:03 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2010, 10:22:35 pm »

Lay off the crack mate.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2010, 11:20:01 pm »

Sorry pal. Was a bit confused for a second.

Will memorise this and post a video soon
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2010, 05:43:55 am »

I can't stop listening to this song due to a cover on Burnt Weeny Sandwich (I like the Mothers versions better, but I can't find a good link for it). This happens to me a lot, where I put a song on repeat and annoy everyone around me.

I've been going through my Zappa record collection and listening to it all. I can't believe I never really listened to the Grand Wazoo before - it is so fuck*ng good.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2010, 01:06:42 pm »

Burnt Weeny Sandwich is one of my all time favorite albums.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2010, 02:48:30 am »

I like this guy.

Edit: new link.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2010, 03:06:07 am »

styrofoam-fugazi

also, this is for wombat:

lets dance to joy division-the wombats
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 190   Go Up