Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Market Upturn  (Read 3436 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Market Upturn
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:34:41 am »

The price of Nacho futures has risen an incredible 150 percent today on news that A-Cap was having a birthday.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 06:38:19 am »

Insider Snacking (and a happy birthday) to ensue.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:08:40 am »

happy free market spider day!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:13:28 pm »

I have a put on some jalapeno slices.

Happy Birthday, dude.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 03:41:31 pm »

Invisible hand high fives on this day.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 03:45:32 pm »

Invisible hand high fives on this day.

Cann'd.

A-cap, in honor of your birthday I am going to cast on for your CAPITALIST hat today. I dunno when it'll be done, but I've got 3 hours in the car tomorrow so I should be able to get down to the brim. I'll PM you when I put it in the mail, probably around the middle of next week.

Happy happy.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 10:20:50 pm »

Happy Birthday SpiderPigDog
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 10:58:22 pm »

Enjoy right up to the brink of the hoose-gow.

In the Houston Artcar "Fire Department" our motto is "up to, but not including getting arrested."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 02:26:46 am »

i would like to post something but i fear it would be derivative

happy nachoday cappy
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 04:13:02 am »

I hope you are having a good birthday.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:57 am »

For your birthday I'm glad to see the Dow close more than a CUNT hair over 10. Unless, you know, that's not your thing.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 05:37:39 am »

I don't like this whole come up with clever ways of saying happy birthday, so I don't usually participate in these threads.  But for you?  Happy Birthday.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 07:00:31 am »

Lack of Friday ACAP posting assures me the day is being seized and well spent.  HB, CY.
-JW
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 07:14:09 am »

Quote from: jaydub
seized

...in a hostile takeover, no doubt.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Market Upturn
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 12:54:17 pm »

For your birthday I'm glad to see the Dow close more than a CUNT hair over 10. Unless, you know, that's not your thing.
Well considering the heart attack inducing "THE WORLD IS ON FIRE" news and attitude of Thursday, Friday was awesome.

Thanks for the birthday wishes all!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up