Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell us these things for amusement  (Read 11939 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 07:30:30 am »

Choop, I don't know if I'm cool, but you're definitely a dick. ;)

Yeah, if you're ever in the midwest, ping me.  I'm good for a drink or two.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 05:25:46 pm »

Let's see, I've met Wombat, AugustWest (although apparently he doesn't remember), and Carlos DelVaca, which was somewhat recently and I have a photo somewhere that I haven't uploaded anywhere yet to prove it.


FUCK.  I knew I was forgetting one.  And El Guapo no less!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 11:36:46 pm »

I was in Chicago with my lady a couple of weeks ago, but I did not think of contacting a friend from the internet while I was there.

I will be back in like a month? Probably.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 02:57:18 am »

TP lives in Chicago, maybe he and Jough should have a drink sometime.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 03:28:54 am »

Yeah, if you're ever in the midwest, ping me.  I'm good for a drink or two.

It's true.  We had PANCAKES together.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 03:40:20 am »

Yeah, if you're ever in the midwest, ping me.  I'm good for a drink or two.

It's true.  We had PANCAKES together.

you guys did drink pancakes?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 03:44:52 am »

Yes.  We mixed pancakes up in a blender.  And drank them.


(If there was a Facebook fan page for "Repeating ridiculous things back to the people who said them as if you're completely serious," I would become a fan.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 03:47:36 am »

I would say "call me if you're in the Southeast and we'll have a couple of drinks," but as Bobby found out via text the other night, I am really only good for one drink any more.

I ordered a cosmopolitan with dinner Thursday and had to walk around Barnes and Noble for an hour and a half until I sobered up enough to drive home. Does this make me old? Yes, it does.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 04:54:23 pm »

You know, I'd feel bad about bumping zombie threads but look what happened with the other one.

How did you find the board: I came over on the MB Mayflower, I guess. I'm number six (hey - the Prisoner!), but number three and four were sort of dilletantes.

First post: This. Not very interesting, but it was the fourth post on the board. Also, I answered Slink's question and he missed it completely.

First non-Achewood strip thread started: This thread about music. Surprisingly, I stand by many of the things I said there. I mentioned SFA as a band I should be listening to, and Keith finally got me listening to them this year.

First avatar: I think it was a football helmet, but I'm not sure.

Stalker moment: Not sure. I did ask "Somebody Nice" if she wanted to hang out sometime, since she's the only person I was likely to be near anytime.

Best moment: Eh . . . hmm . . . I made some jokes.

Lowest moment: I don't think there's anything here too terribly bad. I did call up Mr. West and leave a rambling drunken message on his answering machine once.

Meetups: None yet*, but when I'm home this time I'm going to propose an Australia trip to see if Doc looks like his avatar. Also, at some point I ought to hit the eastern seaboard, as many of you seem to be sprinkled around down there.

*Edit: Lowest moment was when I just realized I forgot that I met Smick, or something. I forgot I met him here, because I've seen him several times, not just the once.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:43:18 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 05:22:16 pm »

I stick by everything I said on the first page of this post.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 06:05:19 pm »



Lowest moment: I don't think there's anything here too terribly bad. I did call up Mr. West and leave a rambling drunken message on his answering machine once.



That was you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »

I missed this one the first go around.

How did you find the board: Shortly after the Dumbrella board had its death rattle, I googled and found everyone here.

First post: a discussion of my favorite strips  I'd have to say, from my list this one doesn't really hold up.  I think it was too "of a time," unlike the others.

First non-Achewood strip thread started: It was a thread no one responded to!  I'd like to point out that Kochalka is still going strong.

First avatar: Same as now, same as always.

Stalker moment: I don't know if I've had one.  I got overly flirty with Jough at a certain point. 

Best moment: This post. The experience and writing about it affected me significantly.  First off, I ended up sending in an edited (shortened) version of the story to a contest for the community paper in the neighborhood it was written about, and it was published, and I ended up winning first place and $150 for it.  I was invited to become a contributing editor and later join the paper's publishing comittee. Then, over time, I ended up writing a play with a character partially inspired by that neighbour and then later working at an HIV health centre (which lead to an extended absence from here).

Lowest moment: In an online chat with a group of other TOUAMBIES I drunkenly took off my ##### at the urging of Misterqueue and others.  It's still one of the weirdest things I've ever done.  If it's any defense, I was not the only one with my ##### off, or so I was told.

Meetups: None.  It's sort of a shame.  Maybe one day.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 10:22:04 pm »

It is my position that since I am about to publish a book based on stuff that I wrote about on the internet, and that this was the first place I ever wrote about things on the internet, every minute of the - wait, let me check it - 105d 17h 31m that I have spent here, counts as work-related.

So Smells, I love the story about that post, it is very supportive of my rationalization.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2011, 10:33:01 pm »

Absolutely wombat - like when it comes to an athlete, sure game day is the focus, but all the training is the true occupation. 

I'm thinking about starting another writing project (undecided what or how at this point, but the urge is coming back), possibly in a different genre than theatre, and thankfully posting here has kept writing, so I don't feel totally rusty.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tell us these things for amusement
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 11:24:14 pm »

This line is golden, "Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen."
It can't stand by itself, unless you're trying to befuddle the listener, but in trying to find out what it means, you get treated to the world as seen by side_show.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up