Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"  (Read 3077 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:09:42 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02062010

Haven't we done stories about Ray training a younger character to be like him before?

Points for the proper variant spelling of "tight" anyway.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 02:57:13 pm »

Yay, birthday strip!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:31:05 pm »

I lost it when Philippe walked in all Ray'd up.  I don't know how much effect Tony Robbins had on the onions, but he sure did a number on our little otter.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 05:32:33 pm »

So, was Ray not interested in indoctrinating Phillippe at all?  Was it all just a ploy to get P to help get the onions read to?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:36:13 pm »

So, was Ray not interested in indoctrinating Phillippe at all?  Was it all just a ploy to get P to help get the onions read to?

Wow, I didn't get that at all but it's clearly what he was going for. I can't believe this didn't click.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 05:37:10 pm »

So, was Ray not interested in indoctrinating Phillippe at all?  Was it all just a ploy to get P to help get the onions read to?

I don't think Ray considered the effect that tape would have on the otter.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 06:50:44 pm »

Oh damn, Ray is screwing it all up, he's supposed to talk to crops while they grow, not after they've been harvested.
Logged
ACHIEVE

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 06:53:27 pm »

Oh damn, Ray is screwing it all up, he's supposed to talk to crops while they grow, not after they've been harvested.

yeah.  itd be like playing the 'i have a dream speech' to hitler after he was no longer respirating.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 06:54:05 pm »

So, was Ray not interested in indoctrinating Phillippe at all?  Was it all just a ploy to get P to help get the onions read to?

Oh damn, Ray is screwing it all up, he's supposed to talk to crops while they grow, not after they've been harvested.

Both excellent catches. Also, Tony Robbins is just going to piss those onions off, anyway.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 07:07:14 pm »

Isn't an onion still kind of alive until you eat it?  I don't know, I've had garlic bulbs sprout on me.  But still, he is half-assing it.  OTOH he half-asses everything that makes him a lot of money.  It might be the Secret.
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: February 6th, 2010 - "little massive man"
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:21:29 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02062010

Haven't we done stories about Ray training a younger character to be like him before?

Points for the proper variant spelling of "tight" anyway.

So why do I get in trouble when I spell night "nite"? Frikkin' double standards in this society...
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up