Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood  (Read 2059 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:16:06 am »

Was at the bar last week wearing my Chochacho shirt and it turns out an acquaintance I know is an Achewood fan and also has a No Mercy shirt.  Kinda blew my mind.  The closest other encounter I've had was only this one time I saw a dude wearing a Science shirt walking out of a Daft Punk show like two years ago.

It was the first time I ever actually discussed any of the events of the comic out loud and in person.  Was kind of weird.  Whenever any one has asked me what the shirt meant (three times), I just told them it's an Incan Fun God and that was the end of it.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 05:17:14 pm »

I saw a guy in a Science shirt at Five Guys and another in a I'm The Guy Show Sucks shirt at Art-o-matic. A few random FB friends have surprising posted links to strips, too.

Two weeks ago I was at a Eurogames meetup in my Science shirt and somebody asked me if it was based on that MC Hawking song. It's probably the first time in history somebody said, "no, the song was written about the t-shirt."
Logged

heptadecahydrate

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -12
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41:01 pm »

Euro games?

I pictured some kind of crazy skateborading kids, but no...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German-style_board_game

so after having read the wiki on the euro game, I have a question?  Are these games to Go & Chess what TV is to reading books?  A good way for companies to make money and a good way for people to entertain themselves without having to actually develop their mind?  Is it like someone found a way to implement the intellectual ardure of GOgiraffe without cards? 
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:00:24 pm »

I have never met anyone in real life or know of anyone in any way at all who likes Achewood.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:10:25 pm »

I keep trying to get my IRL friends into Achewood, but they all think it's pretty strange.  Philistines.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 11:35:58 pm »

two of my friends read the Great Outdoor Fight. they liked it, but never read achewood again.

My roommate really likes my Achewood "A momentary diversion on the road to the grave" poster, and was disappointed when I said it was going up in my bedroom instead of our living room this year.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I discovered that a dude I know reads Achewood
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 12:40:15 am »

two of my friends read the Great Outdoor Fight. they liked it, but never read achewood again.

My roommate really likes my Achewood "A momentary diversion on the road to the grave" poster, and was disappointed when I said it was going up in my bedroom instead of our living room this year.

tell him to buy one.  onstrads daughter needs some new hair thingies, anyway.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: [1]   Go Up