Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.  (Read 7167 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« on: December 10, 2003, 08:08:00 pm »

Any takers?  E-mail, IM, or PM me with applications.  A new mod will be chosen for this forum based on past participation, cleverness of application, quality of nude photos submitted, and whether or not I like you.  </strongbad>
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 08:09:59 pm »

I nominate Ferocious J
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 08:14:45 pm »

Psh. FeroJ's first allegiance is to Dumbrella. It would be like that TNG with Riker on the klingon Pagh. Plus he only has access from his work.

It's totally going to be her new internet crush.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 08:18:02 pm »

Ok then, how about Fancie Babie.  Or perhaps Kabbes?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 08:24:57 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
It's totally going to be her new internet crush.


Come on, you know me better than that.  I am nothing if not even-handed.    

Zartan's not been around long enough to compete with some of the old-school kids (assuming they apply).  As enamoured as we all are with The Good Saint, I'm fully aware that sometimes people discover a board, shine brilliantly in a flurry of excellent posts for about 2 weeks, and then burn out on it and never come back.  So the likelihood of him beating out an older member -- or even a current Mod in search of a transfer -- is slim at best.  

I say this publicly not to discourage Zartan from applying -- indeed, he may be the only one crazy enough to want such a duty -- but to emphasize that I will do my utmost to uphold the <snicker> high standards of moderation we have heretofore exhibited.  

However, I will say this: Pedro, don't bother.  I know you don't have time.  Wash the dishes, or something, instead.

Edit 1: Forgot to quote
Edit 2: Also, if I recall, you were my internet crush at the time I initially handed out Mod positions.  It might be wise not to complain, let I reconsider... :twisted:
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 08:25:27 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ok then, how about Fancie Babie.  Or perhaps Kabbes?


Troublemaker.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 08:49:07 pm »

So, yes, the question is, while I wrack my retarded brains: what the fuck are you talking about?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 09:06:59 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Ok then, how about Fancie Babie.  Or perhaps Kabbes?


Troublemaker.


Well, DUH!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2003, 09:09:59 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Edit 2: Also, if I recall, you were my internet crush at the time I initially handed out Mod positions.  It might be wise not to complain, let I reconsider... :twisted:


I won you over with my amazing personal ad. It has that effect on women. Well, actually it more just stuns them while they attempt to comprehend my massive dorkiness but I can usually swoop in while they're reeling.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 09:10:39 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
So, yes, the question is, while I wrack my retarded brains: what the fuck are you talking about?


In what sense?  Are you not connecting the topic title with the rest of the message?  Because I do that sometimes.  

Pubdoggy resigned.  We need a new mod for this forum.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 09:46:25 pm »

So... to what extent does this actually entail....doing stuff?  Cause I might be interested.
Logged
goose means greedy

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 10:01:20 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I say this publicly not to discourage Zartan from applying -- indeed, he may be the only one crazy enough to want such a duty -- but to emphasize that I will do my utmost to uphold the <snicker> high standards of moderation we have heretofore exhibited.


See, that whole dicey standards thing is exactly why you do not want me "moderating" anything. I'm all confused by this whole thread-splitting / locking / whacking - you are meant to kill / excise / cauterize the discussion just when it gets interesting? My idea of a well-ordered forum would probably give a more orderly mind a fuck*ng aneurysm.

DIGRESSION: IT'S MY ANTI-DRUG
SO IS BOOZE, NOW THAT I GIVE IT A MOMENT'S THOUGHT
MESSAGE ENDS
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 10:11:41 pm »

Basically, I ask that my mods check in daily, keep their sections generally in-line and on-topic, and quell any rebellion arguments that may break out tactfully and promptly.  

There used to be a thread about this but I can't remember where it was at the moment.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 10:12:48 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

Pubdoggy resigned.  We need a new mod for this forum.


Ah sorry! I read it as redesign. My one track web designer mind trying to destroy me again. I just can't stop thinking work.
Well... even worse, one kind of work.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Pubdoggy Resigns -- New Mod Needed.
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2003, 11:25:22 pm »

Who's pubdoggy? =)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up