Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: every xkcd ever  (Read 7515 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
every xkcd ever
« on: February 13, 2010, 06:19:24 am »

Holy shit this is seriously every xkcd ever:

http://xkcd.com/701/
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:21:35 am »

It kind of is.
The strip itself is a little bit emo but I really love the alt text.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:22:58 pm »

I feel like there is something I don't get. Like, what is the conclusion? I don't get it?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:28:46 pm »

I feel like there is something I don't get. Like, what is the conclusion? I don't get it?

The conclusion is that once he analyzed all the evidence he realized he wasn't in love with her.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 11:29:51 pm »

oh, damn, that sucks.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »

Not funny?
Has a chart?

Yes, every XKCD ever.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:58:01 pm »

Check, check, as they say.

Also, did you all hear the news?  That Adam and Eve were Jews?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:12:04 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 11:52:48 pm »

The best part about XKCD is that, via hating on it when it gets that maudlin, we can hate on the parts of ourselves that think like that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 12:40:25 am »

Is that XKCD site supposed to be funny?  I'm just curious because it's not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 12:46:15 am »

Some people think that the warm feeling of "getting a reference and feeling smart because of it" is the same as being amused.

XKCD is occasionally funny but most of the time it is the equal and opposite counterpoint to "Family Guy".

"I remember the concept of the Kool-Aid Man, that makes me feels smart and therefore I am amused!"

versus

"I know Math Concept #452 and I am awkward about romance/fuck*ng, that makes me feel smart and therefore I am amused!"

They are kind of exactly the same thing, just for different demographics.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 12:53:37 am »

XKCD is alright sometimes.

Is that XKCD EXPLAINED site supposed to be funny?  I'm just curious because it's not.

Fixed that for me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 12:56:34 am »

Oh!

XKCD Explained is the next level of that.

It is for people who can only feel smart by deconstructing other peoples' stuff and feeling smug about it instead of doing something of their own, risking failure in the action.

There is a part of me that is like that, I'll admit, but I also hate that guy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 05:41:32 am »

Oh!

XKCD Explained is the next level of that.

It is for people who can only feel smart by deconstructing other peoples' stuff and feeling smug about it instead of doing something of their own, risking failure in the action.

There is a part of me that is like that, I'll admit, but I also hate that guy.

No, that can't be it. I don't enjoy XKCD Explained either.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: every xkcd ever
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 02:32:17 pm »

Sigh.

"You can't make everyone happy."  This is my new statement about everything.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up