Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: elephantsdancerealfunky self introduction  (Read 1852 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

elephantsdancerealfunky

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
elephantsdancerealfunky self introduction
« on: February 14, 2010, 06:29:53 am »

Hi I should introduce myself.  My name is Candice and I live in Michigan.  I have two daughters ages 19 and 25 and 4 dogs.  I recently got divorced well I'm still in the process of getting divorced I guess the lawyer says it could be years before everything is finally sorted out.  I just moved in with my older daughter and her girl friend and with my 4 dogs and their cats it's kind of crowded.  My connection with Achewood is that a few years ago I was going to college part time and a History teacher I had was a big fan of Achewood and he would always talk about Achewood in class so that's how I discovered it.  I guess I have a quirky sense of humor you could say.  Maybe the only good thing about living in Detroit is that it's certainly a weird and quirky place.  And also the snow, if you like snow.  If it wasn't for my daughters here I'd move somewhere warm, maybe back to Tennessee where me and my husband was from originally.  It's nice to meet you all.
Logged

elephantsdancerealfunky

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: elephantsdancerealfunky self introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 01:12:04 am »

I used to have 5 dogs, but my husband cooked one of them on the grill.  It was one thing when it was the neighbor's children and pets, but my therapist said I have to draw the line somewhere.
Logged

elephantsdancerealfunky

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: elephantsdancerealfunky self introduction
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:17:50 am »

so I had a dead chicken

so I cooked it's liver in a pan

with onions

So my favorite friend, her dad died from cancer before I knew her

she says I remind her of her dad a lot.  Apparently he was this fuck*ng artist type who would do stuff like compulsively put a smoke detector in every room of the house.

now she has cancer and is doing chemo... prognosis is fairly good...  for now anyway.  She had a bike accident and hit her head, so they did a scan, and they found this brain tumor, and even Mayo has no idea what to do with it, because they found the tumor very early, and this type of tumor is never found until it's in the process of killing someone, at which point you're screwed, so they were like, well, we'll cut out near the tumor the parts of your brain that you don't need, and let's do chemo for good measure, since we really have no idea how it will respond at this early stage.

Her sister has cancer too, but not in the brain, in the body, so prognosis for her sister is not so good.

I am starting to queue e-mail interactions with friends.  FIFO.  If I don't abandon the queue, when it's two three four weeks deep, it actually makes the interactions special, rather than when it's just procrastinated and I slip into FILO mode.  All those FILO interactions, it's like life becomes a girl friend who's gonna leave you, but she hasn't articulated this fact yet, but she knows it, and you can feel it, and you deny it, but there's no denying that things have changed.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: elephantsdancerealfunky self introduction
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 09:45:37 pm »

Elephants, Dan!  Cereal?  Funky!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: elephantsdancerealfunky self introduction
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:31 pm »

IDAHO? Oh, OHIO. CINCINNATI CHILI 7 ways. You cant order it from IDaho.
Youre a nut! Youre crazy in the coconut.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up