Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moguls  (Read 18712 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2010, 08:36:43 pm »

I had a vague sense of terror yesterday that if Canada lost at hockey, in sudden death overtime, that there would have been a riot in the streets. 

P.S. the closing ceremonies were terrible... why did they have Neil Young sing so early on, then taper off with more and more terrible, obscure performers?  I held out, watched the entire thing thinking for sure they would have some great act to close with, but no...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Moguls
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2010, 08:51:23 pm »

I had a vague sense of terror yesterday that if Canada lost at hockey, in sudden death overtime, that there would have been a riot in the streets.

But a really polite and well-organized riot.

I was at a bar in Truckee, CA (just some random bar I found so I could watch it--I was on the road) and when the US tied it the place went nuts. It would have been so great if we would have won in OT, but, you know, I like Canada and all, and it's totally their thing, and it's not like we lost to the Russians.

Up until a week and a half ago I couldn't bother to give two shits about hockey. Now I'm checking standings and schedules on ESPN for the NHL.

Oh yeah, and what about Ryan Miller? There should be a special medal for him.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:20:40 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2010, 10:13:04 pm »

But a really polite and well-organized riot.

I don't know - when Canadians have been drunk for two weeks strait, they aren't polite anymore.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2010, 10:39:06 pm »

I would have loved to see the American's win that game if only so I could gloat to the Canadian living in my driveway, but I say congratulations to Canada, this meant a lot to you, not just the hockey, but the whole thing.  You've really put on a great Olympics.  Canada, you done yourself proud.  14 golds, wow!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2010, 11:19:10 pm »

I don't know - when Canadians have been drunk for two weeks strait, they aren't polite anymore.
They closed the liquor stores in the area when the canadians won. When asked why, the spokesperson said "The fans have been drinking long enough" I think it was like 2pm BC time.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2010, 02:28:33 am »

it's not like we lost to the Russians.

'Round these parts a lot of people were actually rooting for the Russians just because of Ovie.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Moguls
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2010, 02:34:46 am »

Oh yeah, and what about Ryan Miller? There should be a special medal for him.

i thought i heard someone say he got the MVP award..... unless it was just that persons opinion and not an official award.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Moguls
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2010, 02:48:16 am »

I heard that too, but I don't know what it means. A special medal? Trophy? Blow job?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2010, 03:15:32 am »

I had a vague sense of terror yesterday that if Canada lost at hockey, in sudden death overtime, that there would have been a riot in the streets. 

P.S. the closing ceremonies were terrible... why did they have Neil Young sing so early on, then taper off with more and more terrible, obscure performers?  I held out, watched the entire thing thinking for sure they would have some great act to close with, but no...

Rush. They totally dropped the ball.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2010, 03:58:21 am »

P.S. the closing ceremonies were terrible... why did they have Neil Young sing so early on, then taper off with more and more terrible, obscure performers? 

Seriously. I am not a Neil Young fan but he was just right for the moment. And then they followed him with, like, bad standup comedy? I gave up soon after that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2010, 04:37:04 am »

Seriously. I am not a Neil Young fan but he was just right for the moment. And then they followed him with, like, bad standup comedy? I gave up soon after that.
I liked the comedy part where she apologized for all the problems. "We're sorry the snow showed up late, We're sorry you thought Canada was a giant frozen tundra."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Moguls
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2010, 03:32:27 pm »

i thought i heard someone say he got the MVP award..... unless it was just that persons opinion and not an official award.

It's official.  I'm sure he gets a nice little trophy of some sort.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=519314
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2010, 08:40:01 pm »

Mongoloid: Awesome song, but no longer PC.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moguls
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2010, 09:43:50 pm »

I always had in the back of my head that I'd get some talky about Mongols, dammit.

hell dude, we only managed to talk about Moguls for about a half a page.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up