Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats  (Read 2742 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:04:16 am »

Link

"Wow! It's like...after you have what you need, you can get this stuff, too!"

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:11:37 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:30 am »

Dang Ray, can't you read? The statue clearly states it's for the bedroom, not the bathroom. Who has a commode in their bedroom?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 02:27:12 am »

If a "Donkey Collar" isn't one of those urban-legend sex acts that everyone giggles about and no one actually does, man, it should be.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 02:59:28 am »

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP


it's no "affix" but it'll do
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 03:01:24 am »

I clicked on this not realising it was a thread about a new Achewood strip.

Anyway, the concept of a false false chili bowl is highly amusing. Also: White. Shiatsu.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 04:46:41 am »

I would buy a Magician's Thermometer.

Don't have judgment.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 05:17:52 am »

Ray was probably worried about larval Money Beetles and doing some prophylactic nuking.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:19:25 pm »

Ray learned to microwave money from Beef.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »

Wow, that was a long time to wait for another tired ass story about one of the cast making bank off Ray's [insert character peccadillo here]. Seriously, you can hear these recent strips just grunting and groaning and popping rivets from the strain of dropping a deuce.

I am not being a dick here, I am standing by my earlier statements that 'Stad needs a fresh creative outlet. He has been delivering stale bread and moldy cheese for a while.

This.  Onstad is hell of bored with Achewood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 04:40:51 pm »

Do you think it is the creative pressure of this being his only gig catching up to him?

Could it be all the side projects the dude is trying to follow through on with the same set of characters?

Is he just running out of ideas for this set of characters and situations?

I'd lean toward thinking it is was the second of these questions, myself.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 05:26:26 pm »

damn dude i laughed, whatever
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:22 pm »

I laughed too. 

However, I don't think it's a case of Onstad being tired of Achewood.  Achewood is such a broad strip that he can go wherever he wants to with it.  He's proven this in the past.  Trouble is he's either run out of things to say or he's preoccupied with something else.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 08:59:28 pm »

I don't think this strip is bad. I think if we got a strip exactly like this every day - OK, be realistic, every couple of days - we'd be perfectly happy. But there's a lot of pressure put on a strip if you only see one like every few weeks. You expect it to be some grand production when you've had to wait that long.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 10:32:15 pm »

im wearing my pre-curled false false merkin.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: 2010-02-16 Little Tinkle Time Meercats
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 11:57:01 pm »

The only reason it's tired-ass to see another character make bank off of Ray is that Ray gives everyone a lot of opportunities.  Don't blame Stad for that if his character's a damn flake.

What is more interesting is the question raised here -- $600 is the appropriate amount to give someone after you've screwed them over.  Was Ray planning on handing somebody some nice, warm bills and then he forgot about it or changed his mind?  I've forgotten things in the microwave and I'm sure if I was Ray they'd be money I was going to give someone.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up