Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Moderation Debate  (Read 7467 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2003, 10:14:49 pm »

Don't make me split this thread again.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 10:19:25 pm »

Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.

I find my fuzzy alien, mushroom and dragon don't work effectively enough.

be complete again my post!
weeeeeeee.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 10:20:45 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


Holy cow.  I will figure out how to do this.  I will.

edit: I quoted you too fast.  That brilliant bit of prose, which you apparently reconsidered, then withdrew, will live in infamy!  Forever.  

I think it's hilarious.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 11:05:45 pm »

Where has Fearless Dictator been today?  Why do I get the feeling something is gonna hit the fan when he sees all that has gone on in here today.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 11:26:35 pm »

I am still basking in the warm glow of my new notebook computer.

However, I have been very busy and will continue to be until the end of the year.  So most of you will escape my swift fist of retribution long enough to play around a little.

Mostly I close threads because you little monkeys have been quite busy over the past few days and I don't have time to read EVERY POST anymore.

SO I WILL TRUST THE MODERATORS TO THEIR JOBS AND WILL NOT CLOSE DOWN THE BOARD THE LAST THREE WEEKS OF THE YEAR LIKE I HAD PLANNED TO

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 11:26:38 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Holy cow.  I will figure out how to do this.  I will.


Dare I ask whether you mean creating a tiny doll of yourself, or having sex in a Rolodex?

Probly not, huh?
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 11:28:50 pm »

Oh, and I second the necessity of the Pedro and JLD fully poseable action figures, although I would keep them in lewd poses, on their knees, hands together, just flat-out hardcore praying 24/7.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 11:34:09 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

edit: I quoted you too fast.  That brilliant bit of prose, which you apparently reconsidered, then withdrew, will live in infamy!  Forever.  

I think it's hilarious.  [/size]


Doh. I didn't actually mean to remove it!
I was far too happy with myself for it!
So, thankyou for saving it!!!!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 01:50:44 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


This sounds frighteningly like the conversations my S.O. and I have about our stuffed frog and turtle. It's quite eerie.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 03:38:34 pm »

OK, I don't mean to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I don't get this whole "The boards are crazy and out of control" vibe.  Compared to 90% of the message boards and other on-line communities I've visited, this one is downright civil and orderly.

If this is all in jest and I just don't get it, please whack me upside the head.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2003, 03:45:25 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
OK, I don't mean to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but I don't get this whole "The boards are crazy and out of control" vibe.  Compared to 90% of the message boards and other on-line communities I've visited, this one is downright civil and orderly.

If this is all in jest and I just don't get it, please whack me upside the head.


Whack!   :lol:
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 06:56:34 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


Holy cow.  I will figure out how to do this.  I will.

edit: I quoted you too fast.  That brilliant bit of prose, which you apparently reconsidered, then withdrew, will live in infamy!  Forever.  

I think it's hilarious.  


ohh, ohh! Make them bobble headed!!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2003, 10:19:32 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "slink"
Yea, why can't we just get little (fuzzy - it's always fun) JL's and Pedro's for our desks.
They can just spend their time being them while we work, cheering us up, and then when the little fuzzy JL's and Pedro's want to get, erm, sproingy, they can climb into the rollerdex or something.


ohh, ohh! Make them bobble headed!!

This is bizarrely disturbing in the light of the "Suckin' Dick Got This Man" thread.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2003, 11:25:17 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is bizarrely disturbing in the light of the "Suckin' Dick Got This Man" thread.


Not so much disturbing as redundant - it's like asking "ooh! wait! does this car come standard with pedals?"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Great Moderation Debate
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2003, 11:46:55 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
This is bizarrely disturbing in the light of the "Suckin' Dick Got This Man" thread.


Not so much disturbing as redundant - it's like asking "ooh! wait! does this car come standard with pedals?"

Fair enough. Admittedly, it's not as required per se, but... well, you see where I'm going with this.

(Now I want a Jough bobblehead for my dashboard.)
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up