Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Poll

Do you work in a cubicle

yes
no - I have my own office
no - I work in a open-concept envirionment
no - I am unemployed

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Veal Fattening Pens  (Read 7300 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 02:30:17 pm »

you are an intelligent redneck.  you are an oxymoron.

My father-in-law is also an intelligent redneck. He loves to confuse his co-workers at IBM by defying stereotypes of both groups.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 04:30:48 pm »

Where I work right now is odd - there are offices, some of which are smaller than my fairly large cubicle - which have lovely windows and views and such, which are unoccupied.  I suppose they keep myself and my cubicle mates together because we all do the same job, but our work means we predominantly do not work together on any projects though.  There are only four cubicles in the whole office, and the other three all face sources of natural light.  I am in the back, darkened one, and I am in the position on term while the women who usually does my job deals with cancer treatment.  Aparently her prognosis isn't good, and they have said they hope to make my position perminant.  What they don't know is that I hate their office culture (back stabbing and gossipy) and have another job lined up to start in a couple months.  For me though, cubicles in and of themselves are depressing, regardless of the fact I'm sitting in the cancer lady's chair.  The only other time I worked in a cubicle was at a handful of soul-deadening call centre jobs I worked at to get through school and post school expenses.  Psychologically it feels like a huge step down to be back in a cubicle, even though the pay is the second highest I've ever earned.  Every other job I've had for years has come with an office space, with beautiful views, and basically I miss the daylight. Ho hum.  It's temporary at least.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 05:30:59 pm »

My office is in a submarine.

Guess what I'm wearing for underwear.

I didn't want this post to get lost in the tangle by the way.

Sometimes I'm torn - VW are you real?  There's something so wonderfully outlandish about you.  Seriously though, did you choose this way of life to intentionally go against the grain, or did it just occur naturally?  I ask because I certainly chose the road less travelled, and I wonder this about most people.  Actually, I think I'll make a new poll about this.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 05:44:56 pm »

My office is in a submarine.

Guess what I'm wearing for underwear.

Please don't disabuse me of my fantasy that you're going commando.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 05:49:35 pm »

There are only four cubicles in the whole office, and the other three all face sources of natural light.  I am in the back, darkened one, and I am in the position on term while the women who usually does my job deals with cancer treatment. 
You've got the mushroom cube.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 05:49:52 pm »

Yeah, you can't disabuse a man of his self-abuse material, that's like killing a mockingbird.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 07:12:48 pm »

I didn't want this post to get lost in the tangle by the way.

Sometimes I'm torn - VW are you real?  There's something so wonderfully outlandish about you.  Seriously though, did you choose this way of life to intentionally go against the grain, or did it just occur naturally?  I ask because I certainly chose the road less travelled, and I wonder this about most people.  Actually, I think I'll make a new poll about this.

Sorry to disabuse you, or anyone else, of your ideas of what my life is like, since they're obviously much more wonderful than the rather banal reality of being someone who runs PCRs in a lab and analyzes DNA sequences, but I was merely referring to this Kids in the Hall sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0al0xeCVCMk
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 07:18:05 pm »

Sorry to disabuse you, or anyone else, of your ideas of what my life is like, since they're obviously much more wonderful than the rather banal reality of being someone who runs PCRs in a lab and analyzes DNA sequences, but I was merely referring to this Kids in the Hall sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0al0xeCVCMk

Yeah yeah yeah.  Stay on topic.  What about your underwear (or lack thereof)?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 07:26:43 pm »

You've got the mushroom cube.

This sentence made my brain do a Mario power-up noise.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 07:48:20 pm »

Yes, and for the next two months I will forever refer to my work space as "the mushroom cube."  Thank you for this.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 08:26:40 pm »

The fattening c*ck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 08:54:47 pm »

asherdan-fly your freak flag a little higher at work.

also, is it strange that rays dude-cat nipples stand out to me?  like, i see the attyre, then my eyes go straight to his upper torso.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 11:01:02 pm »

much more wonderful than the rather banal reality of being someone who runs PCRs in a lab and analyzes DNA sequences

So basically your life IS totally awesome?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 12:19:42 am »

As someone who also runs PCRs and has been known to analyse DNA sequences, I can attest that it is really fuck*ng boring.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 01:52:45 am »

mad science is terribly fuck*ng boring, apparently.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up