Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Poll

Do you work in a cubicle

yes
no - I have my own office
no - I work in a open-concept envirionment
no - I am unemployed

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Veal Fattening Pens  (Read 7299 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 03:00:50 am »

The interesting bit is formulating the hypothesis, and then once you've obtained the data, fitting it together to make a model and basing new hypotheses on that.  I still get excited when I can come up with an elegant explanation for what I've observed.

All the actual lab work is shitty monotonous drudge work that a trained monkey could do, though.  So just like any other job, I guess.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:55 am »

The interesting bit is formulating the hypothesis, and then once you've obtained the data, fitting it together to make a model and basing new hypotheses on that.  I still get excited when I can come up with an elegant explanation for what I've observed.


Ah yes, finding an elegant solution to a difficult problem is so satisfying, isn't it?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 04:38:32 am »

Ah yes, finding an elegant solution to a difficult problem is so satisfying, isn't it?

elegant?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Veal Fattening Pens
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 02:47:04 am »

I had this problem too, but I figured "working from home" is closer to "unemployed" than "having my own office," which implies both ownership and responsibility.

:(

i share an office with the missus, but only rarely. since the company that signs the checks have offices on either coast and i'm a fair piece between them, i have to look at it backwards from you, jayell. however! my view is only of my blinds. i have to keep them closed or else my fantastic dual monitor setup would be on display to every ruffian and urchin cruising the street, itching to get their grubby mitts on anything potentially more valuable than a single smokeable rock. but don't get me wrong, i love my neighborhood.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up