Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Poll

Which path have you chosen?

the well-trodden path
- 2 (20%)
the road less travelled
- 3 (30%)
I'm standing at the cross roads
- 3 (30%)
I am fate's fool
- 2 (20%)
I'm along for the ride on someone elses journey right now
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which road?  (Read 6354 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Which road?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 05:01:40 pm »

I think what it all boils down to is either "do/don't worry, I won't be proposing to you anytime in the near future" or "do/don't worry, I will be proposing to you sometime in the near future."  Basically, this is one of the few situations in modern day where the lady and man are not on equal footing, hence paranoia on the lady's part regardless of stance on the whole deal.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Which road?
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 05:11:34 pm »

I do not think I am really down with "completely surprise proposal that is not expected," anyway.

although, does that really happen that often? It seems like the kind of thing where you know it's coming, at least based on family member's stories?

with the alternate story being "oh, she got pregnant and we figured, hey, we love each other, why not?" My brother has a theory that this is why my grandparents got married, but I do not really want/care to ask and find out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Which road?
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 08:13:05 pm »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Which road?
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 10:54:32 pm »

You should forward it, along with a "let's elope" message, and then all your problems will be over.  And by "over" I mean you will be alone and thinking about all the good times you could be having.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Which road?
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 11:52:31 pm »

yeah, totally. I was thinking exactly that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up