Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: False Baseball for the New Generation  (Read 32971 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
False Baseball for the New Generation
« on: February 23, 2010, 05:23:42 pm »

Yahoo has unleashed the 2010 version of its fantasy baseball rig.

I am willing to start it up anew, or I believe LFM can use last year's settings to create a league for 2010.

I pledge to be a more-active manager than I was last year.

What do we say to such a thing?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:24:32 pm »

So is Baseball now False False Baseball?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 05:31:48 pm »

So is Baseball now False False Baseball?

False False False Rounders.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 05:54:34 pm »

Yeah im down as usual. Lets maybe think about prizes? I understand a Canadian Mist was up for grabs last round.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:03:41 pm »

Maybe we could ask a person uninvolved, like JL or Lprkn, as an escrow agent?
I only asked since we had the Mist up before and every other FFL Ive done has involved donations to a pool and it encourages more active membership in the FFL.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:06:43 pm »

how does this work

like can i have cal ripken and johnny bench and satchel paige on my team
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 08:21:53 pm »

how does this work

like can i have cal ripken and johnny bench and satchel paige on my team

Certainly!  Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb too!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »

Has Joe Shlabotnik been taken yet?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 02:14:35 am »

Has Joe Shlabotnik been taken yet?

You get a can for Charlie Brown's favorite pllayer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 05:46:24 am »

I'm in. This time for real. Well, not really for real, but, I'm in.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 05:43:25 am »

I've had an email and a PM out to Iron Felix for the Mist but the guy never got back to me with an addy. I feel bad about that, so this year's winner: Don't Flake on a prize.

Yeah, sorry about that.  I went AWOL for a while due to various real life issues, but it was still kind of a dick move for me to never get back to you.  I can PM you now if you still have the Mist, but if you don't want to send it or you gave up on me and drank it yourself I'll completely understand.





Oh, and I'm in for this year as well, obviously.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 01:54:57 pm »

Are we doing this or not?  Opening day's in about 2 weeks, innit?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 02:15:41 pm »

Opening Day:  Sunday, April 4, Fuckin' Yankees vs. Fuckin' Red Sox.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 07:06:05 am »

Oh my god, April Fuckin 4th?  Awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 04:01:33 pm »

It's back:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/touamb_fake_baseball

PW: raysadvice

I was able to send invitations to those who played last year and chose to make their e-mail address public within the league.

Same settings as last year.  Head-to-head, autodraft.

Get busy.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up