Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: False Baseball for the New Generation  (Read 32992 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 07:24:25 pm »

League ID for 2010 is 572923.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:03 pm »

THA RAIN MAN COMETH is ready for business.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 11:24:36 pm »

When is the draft?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 06:08:23 pm »

The draft will be whenever we get a suitable number of teams.  Right now we have an odd number, which is not allowed in head-to-head competition because someone would have an off week.

I'd like to get 10 teams to minimize the "Everyone's team is stacked" factor.  If you have friends (ha) who know a little something about baseball and are near a computer every now and then to maintain a roster, please pass along an invitation to join our little monkey rodeo.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 10:29:35 pm »

I really wanna join... but there is a really good chance at this point that my life is gonna go caca in June and...

I don't know where I will BE after that.

But it most likely will not be Southern California and I don't know wherever I'll be if I'll really have time for that sorta thing.

Or even a reliable internet connection.

Otherwise, I would'a like a week ago.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 07:24:46 pm »

I really wanna join... but there is a really good chance at this point that my life is gonna go caca in June and...

I don't know where I will BE after that.

But it most likely will not be Southern California and I don't know wherever I'll be if I'll really have time for that sorta thing.

Or even a reliable internet connection.

Otherwise, I would'a like a week ago.

So if life goes crazy you end up losing in the TOUAMB fantasy baseball league.  Big whoop.  Play as long as you can and if you have to drop out nobody will think any less of you (than they already do).  C'mon dude, we need players here!

Also, sorry about your life.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 08:49:53 pm »

So if life goes crazy you end up losing in the TOUAMB fantasy baseball league.  Big whoop

Also, sorry about your life.
This is why we need prizes
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 09:46:44 pm »

Awright, I'm in.

Quote from: AugustWest
Also, sorry about your life.

QFT.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 04:35:04 am »

Yeah, I am in a sort similar boat.  I have a job where I work like 60 hours a week and spend my two off days getting as fucked up as possible- so, yeah.  I also quit on the football league, because of this job, but at that point I had more friends cause I wasn't working and sleeping all the time.

Anyways, tell me if you need another player and I'll play, otherwise I am out.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 02:16:56 pm »

Yeah, I am in a sort similar boat.  I have a job where I work like 60 hours a week

S'matter?  Can't you slack off at work like a normal human being?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 07:40:58 am »

Oh, I do, but not really with the internet.  I fuck around with old 80s vet tools.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 12:40:46 pm »

I fuck around with old 80s vet tools.

Seven-kinky!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 01:00:26 am »

Yay. Who is the tenth?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 07:29:30 am »

I'm guessing that would be me.  It wouldn't be right not to show up to defend my title, would it?  Speaking of which, Asherdan, I finally sent you a PM.  Sorry about the delay.

Are we having playoffs this year?  The league settings have them switched off right now.  I'm cool either way, but it was kind of a surprise when we didn't have them last season - we should make sure everyone knows what's going on beforehand this time.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: False Baseball for the New Generation
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 01:42:11 pm »

I can add playoffs this year if it's a good idea that people like.  Let me know by 5pm EST today, please, and I'll switch the settings as needed and set the draft status to Ready.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up