Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!  (Read 6327 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« on: March 11, 2010, 01:15:22 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03102010

The bottom 3 panels were the best part for my money. I'd like to see Philippe call out the recession. Take things outside.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:20:44 am »

When Teodor mentioned Ray's invention, my first thought was, "Gross, that would make the franks taste like cigars."

Good to know I have the mental capacity of a five-year-old.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:52:50 am »

"Gross, that would make the franks taste like cigars."

Ehhh, I think the real problem is making cigars taste like hot dogs.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:34:29 am »

i'm guessing anybody who buys it for either purpose won't bother with the other.


i like where this story seems to be headed.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:10:57 am »

Life for Phillipe ain't nothin' but britches and money, apparently.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:24:10 am »



"recession!  come out to play-ay!"
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 01:50:52 pm »



"recession!  come out to play-ay!"

You get a can, Warrior.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 03:33:14 pm »

Wow, I finally watched that movie last week. I enjoyed it, too.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 04:13:47 pm »

What movie is that?

The sausage warmer looks like a win to me.  It's dripless afterall, and that's what you want when in an auto.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 05:00:24 pm »

What movie is that?

The Warriors (1979)

That's David Patrick Kelly as Luther.  Its a gang flick.  Fashions are awesome.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 05:17:40 pm »

I'm pretty sure The Warriors was the first Rated R movie I ever saw.  The kid across the street had HBO (when HBO was crazy and new), and we watched The Warriors when his parents weren't home, thinking we were being all bad-ass.  I would have been 9 or 10.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 07:20:27 pm »


The Warriors (1979)

That's David Patrick Kelly as Luther.  Its a gang flick.  Fashions are awesome.

That movie is so Xeno-phony.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »

The Warriors is such a great movie.  I love it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 09:10:31 pm »

The otter employed the universal gesture for "Yes, I would like to make a local cable commercial."
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 10, 2010 - I'm nobody's britches!
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:18 pm »

That would be a fist with the left and a pointing finger with the right?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up