I wish I could at least equate the damn change with saving energy, but for us it doesn't work that way. Our house is on a heavily treed street, and the main living area only has windows off of a covered deck area, meaning no matter how much daylight is available in the evenings, we still need the same indoor lighting on regardless - day or night. We've got a high energy efficient home though, so regardless, at least we're doing really well year round with all our HE appliances, furnace, etc. BEFORE the time change, we didn't have to turn on lights on the second floor in the morning to get dressed and such because the second floor windows are at the tree line... now we have to.
Cute moment this morning: went downstairs to walk the dog and he was all sleepy and confused. He got up to greet me all squinty eyed and yawning because I'd turned the light on, then laid back down and snorted. When I got my coat on and turned off our alarm system, he came over to me confused, and showed none of his usual excitement at getting a morning walk in. He clearly had no idea what was going on until I had the leash on him and opened the door.
Shit moment this morning: now that it's dark out again (plus super-sloppy out due to the spring melt), I apparently stepped in a big hunk of dog shit on my way to the car, which I didn't see thanks to the absence of Mr. Sun. I didn't notice this when I got to the gym for my usual morning run, but later wondered why my locker smelled of poo when I went to the shower. Because I wore my winter boots, I have this gross shit waffle on my boot tread now. Fuck you time change. Fuck you.