Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erik Satie  (Read 1608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Erik Satie
« on: December 11, 2003, 08:19:33 pm »

I've been listening to Satie's three Sarabandes and the ballets Adventures of Mercury and Parade over and over lately. I think I'm slipping into a period of desire for classical music and am open to suggestions (and offer the pieces above as suggestions of my own to anyone who might be moving into a similar phase).
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Erik Satie
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 08:29:24 pm »

I only have one CD of Satie's piano music.  It goes from sweet and light ( the Gymnopedies ) to some kinda strange stuff.

Suggestion: Debussy's Nocturnes?
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Erik Satie
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 08:41:56 pm »

I'd recommend Bach, Mozart or Beethoven (7th and Opera Concerto).
Also, Pergoleisi is rather fine.
Chopin too.
They are all fairly accessible as classical goes, and you have the optins of going for straight symphonies, polonaises or operas with them.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Erik Satie
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 08:53:57 pm »

This disc, particularly the bits by Milhaud, has also been getting a lot of attention lately. I dig the French I guess...
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred
Pages: [1]   Go Up