Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10  (Read 4493 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:35:08 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04062010

This is ominous enough, I think I will skip the advertised "Gruesome new Nice Pete piece in the Fanflow."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:03 pm »

Steve is refrshingly well-drawn, after a string of supporting characters that looked like they were vomited by Onstad's hand.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:45:26 pm »

So is this part of the Steve Deneuve service? That he knows things to reassure you constantly? Or is he Phillipe's father? and if he is what happens when he meets Phillipe's mom, who presumably kicked him out for some reason?
Ooooooh shiiiiiit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:47:33 pm »

Steve's Onstad; we're Phillipe; home is old achewood. Think about it.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:52:38 pm »

So is this part of the Steve Deneuve service? That he knows things to reassure you constantly?

See, I don't find this reassuring. I find it ominous. There is no good reason for him to be saying this stuff. Especially in this odd calm tone I am hearing him saying it it in.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 12:58:16 pm »

Steve's Onstad; we're Phillipe; home is old achewood. Think about it.


Onstad is going to burn our home down and replace it with subscription-based model?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 01:12:16 pm »

See, I don't find this reassuring. I find it ominous. There is no good reason for him to be saying this stuff. Especially in this odd calm tone I am hearing him saying it it in.

Well we wouldn't but that's because we're bad people. Phillipe is 5 and innocent and Steve is a Good Man who would only tell you these things because he feels it impolite to speak about himself.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:41 pm »

So is this part of the Steve Deneuve service? That he knows things to reassure you constantly? Or is he Phillipe's father? and if he is what happens when he meets Phillipe's mom, who presumably kicked him out for some reason?
Ooooooh shiiiiiit.

that was my first thought.  stay out of my brain.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 02:33:25 pm »

I haven't been filled with simultaneous dread and hope like this since the first time I kissed my now-wife.  I love when Onstad sets a scene at night.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:34:53 pm »

Philippe arrives home to the plates with the hot pork chops on 'em. Except the apple sauce is touching the pork chops. Philippe runs screaming into the night and is rescued by Ray in Airwolf and brought back home. Fin.
Logged

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 04:07:58 pm »

Philippe's dad is a cat?  No wonder he left.  Cats and otters are pretty incompatible vis a vis water.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 04:23:04 pm »

Cats and otters are pretty incompatible vis a vis water.

not necesarily
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 04:48:25 pm »


Onstad is going to burn our home down and replace it with subscription-based model?
I call it gentrification.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 06:39:30 pm »

Steve's hair looks like a dead bird.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: I can see the hot pork chops on 'em now - 4-06-10
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 08:10:38 pm »

And now I can't stop seeing it.

"Independent Animal Transport Specialist" indeed.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up