Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt  (Read 5214 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:22:22 pm »

I don't care how many whores he's fucked, I really just don't give a shit, but his redemption act disgust me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:27:58 pm »

Man I don't give a shit about celebrities personal lives.

I admire Tiger Woods for being a good golfer -- that's all.  I don't know or care much about the rest of his life.  In a way I like him better after this scandal because it's proved that he's not a soulless, golf-playing, nike/gatorade/buick/gillette shilling ***** and is subject to human frailities like the rest of us.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:18:26 pm »

I suppose I'm more disgusted with Nike than I am with Woods.  They have turned the failings of his personal life into a marketing campaign and it's just beyond the pale.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:28:23 pm »

surprise, paul, they're a giant corporation

they would kill babies on live teevee if they thought there was a dollar's profit in it
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:31:45 pm »

I think they just weren't sure how to break the ice. They were going to begin marketing him again at some point.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:25:49 pm »

It sure as hell got everyone talking about Nike.  But while everyone likes to say there's nothing bad about free publicity, I just don't get how this will translate into selling more shoes.  Brand awareness, whatever, but I don't see anyone who wasn't fully aware of Nike already now being more motivated to buy their products.

Deadspin had a wonderful time thinking up lines to heckle Woods at the Masters.  "Try not to fuck anyone on your way to the green!"  (Of course, actually doing so would likely result in one's being expelled from the course.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 09:30:23 pm »

"Try not to fuck anyone on your way to the green!" 

In a row?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 10:14:09 pm »

Deadspin had a wonderful time thinking up lines to heckle Woods at the Masters.  "Try not to fuck anyone on your way to the green!"  (Of course, actually doing so would likely result in one's being expelled from the course.)

I fail to see the threat.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 01:42:54 am »

surprise, paul, they're a giant corporation

they would kill babies on live teevee if they thought there was a dollar's profit in it

Oh come on, there would be lots of money in that, and it hasn't been done. Yet.

I suppose I'm more disgusted with Nike than I am with Woods.  They have turned the failings of his personal life into a marketing campaign and it's just beyond the pale.

I guess I don't get this. Woods didn't sign to Nike with a gun to his head. Wouldn't he have some say in the campaign?

In a way I like him better after this scandal because it's proved that he's not a soulless, golf-playing, nike/gatorade/buick/gillette shilling ***** and is subject to human frailities like the rest of us.

Yeah and also he can get mad pussy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 03:37:14 am »

My comment would be something along the lines of "getting in eighteen holes".

ALSO: the parodies of his creepy ad with his dad's voice, some of them are meme-worthy.

The Shawshank Redemption one and The Room one, especially.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 11:50:24 pm »

Yeah and also he can get mad pussy.

having a lot of money is like instant miracle grow for the vein, i guess.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 01:57:46 am »

I don't care about a guy who is good at hitting a ball with a stick. I understand that it can be enjoyable to hit a ball with a stick, but I don't see the point of watching someone else do it, so I don't care that he is good at it. And I care even less where a guy who is good at hitting a ball with a stick puts his c*ck.

I try very hard not to feel that it's a sign of the downfall of our civilization that this is big news. Because really, there are plenty of more important reasons to worry about the downfall of our civilization.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 04:32:10 am »

something about a moral compass.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 08:10:54 am »

Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt

That's the result of having a borg soul.  No individual has control over the collective.  The right idea can spread through the collective unchecked no differently than a super virus in a biological or computer system.  Lately it was the Tiger infidelity meme.  Soon it will be another meme.  The only way for an individual to stop experiencing it is to unplug.  It's not easy to do.  If there is a TV or radio in your workplace you might even have to quit your job.  But you've probably been wanting to do that anyway.  Alternatively you can try to start your own meme by going postal.  But that's getting harder and harder to do these days.  Some guy even flew a plane into an IRS building and everyone was like *ho hum.* 

This touamb board may not be running on the most sophisticated software platform on the planet.  That's probably what you all like about it.  The god forsaken hash tag tiger meme tweets face book updates stop at the door.  They don't get in unless someone manually brings them in.  Once inside, they don't automatically replicate like so many tribbles.  Still, all members of touamb do have so many connections to the collective, so in a way, even when you're here, it's sort of like you're still connected, only slightly less directly.  TOUAMB has not been approved by the collective.  It's like the train station in the Matrix.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods Makes my Soul Hurt
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 04:25:56 pm »

Wow, groovy, that read like a beat poem, man.  Did I just walk into City Lights or something?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up