Yes David Blaine is the biggest fraud of the all, but didn't Coppafeel make the Statue of Liberty disappear? I call that bullshit.
Long story short: the audience was on a revolving platform. Curtains go up, lights go off, audience is straight up
facing another direction when curtains are drawn, and
oooooh it's gone. You know what the most magical thing of all is? TURNING YOUR HEAD SLIGHTLY
The only form of entertainment lower than card tricks is streaking.
As much as I love Family Guy,
good stage magic rocks. I have a weird, almost unnatural love for sleight-of-hand - probably more so because I know that I could never, ever do it myself. If you read about some of the amazing shit Ricky Jay can do with cards, you'll quickly be singing another tune.
Piercing the skin of a fuck*ng watermelon with a thrown card? CHECK
EDIT: Second
rad example:
New Yorker[/i]"]When he had performed several dazzling illusions and seemed ready to retire, a guest named Mort said, "Come on, Ricky. Why don't you do something truly amazing?"
Baron recalls that at that moment "the look in Ricky's eyes was, like, `Mort- you have just fucked with the wrong person.' "
Jay told Mort to name a card, any card. Mort said, "The three of hearts." After shuffling, Jay gripped the deck in the palm of his right hand and sprung it, cascading all fifty-two cards so that they travelled the length of the table and pelted an open wine bottle.
"O.K., Mort, what was your card again?"
"The three of hearts."
"Look inside the bottle."
Mort discovered, curled inside the neck, the three of hearts.