Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gulf Shore Alabama  (Read 9742 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2010, 03:46:05 pm »

Southern foods I ate:

Biscuts and Gravy with Sweet Tea (for breakfast)
Memphis BBQ (pulled pork, sauce - hell yes... I don't like pork, or at least I didn't until I landed in Memphis)
Memphis BBQ Nachos - pulled pork, BBQ sauce, nacho cheese, tortillas - hell yes.  Oh, god, so bad, so good.)
Crab Cakes
a Krispy Kreme donut ( not available in Canada)

Mmmmmm.... so good.

Things I didn't eat, but could have: fried okra, alligator, possum (we ran one over) or oysters.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2010, 03:49:56 pm »

i'm impressed that you stopped at one krispy kreme. i have to have two or three.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2010, 04:08:02 pm »

I wanted more after the first one (the first one I'd ever eaten) but after the first day, which is when I got groceries and the donut, I had no vehicle and was basically in an isolated beach house with nothing for miles in either direction.  I am pleased to note that the Krispy Kreme I ate was consumed in Mobile, the original home of Krispy Kreme. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2010, 06:15:53 pm »

You should have eaten both fried and pickled okra.  Shit is off the chain.  It is a constant disappointment that I cannot find pickled okra in colorado.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2010, 06:18:30 pm »

You should have eaten both fried and pickled okra.  Shit is off the chain.  It is a constant disappointment that I cannot find pickled okra in colorado.

Yes.  This.  Spicy pickled okra is the best.  The. Best.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2010, 06:23:28 pm »

I have a corn, okra, tomato dish that I absolutely must make every summer.  Is so good.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2010, 07:59:12 pm »

Perhaps one could take the recipe for kimchee and substitute okra for cabbage.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2010, 12:05:33 am »

Now I want blackened alligator and raw oysters.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2010, 05:42:59 am »

i'll take my gator fried and my oysters steamed, please. side of fries? what kind of beer you got?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Gulf Shore Alabama
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2010, 10:45:41 pm »

they offer deep fried gator(also, ice cream sammiches made with hot-off-the-iron-from-scratch waffles) here.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up