Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: the noobest noob (at least for now)  (Read 7513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
the noobest noob (at least for now)
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:48 pm »

Hello all,

Intro time, I suppose. Thanks for accepting me to TOUAMB. I've nosed through the forums a good bit, and I feel now it is only fair for me to introduce myself, before I blab on any other topics. Though I admittedly will still entertain assetbar (I've read a bit of the distaste for 'assbar' on here, and I find the story of the creation of TOUAMB endearing), it's nice to have a place to go for more in depth discussions of all things Achewood, as well as to absorb the greater insight of those who've been around since the Early Days.

Wish I could claim OG status - that I've merely been a fly on the wall all these years - but, alas, I was only introduced to Achewood a mere 8 or 9 months ago. I have my aunt, who is infinitely cooler than I, to thank for that. (Somewhat interesting story - how I was introduced - if anyone is interested). To be honest, the only webcomics I knew of prior to Achewood was PFB, Dinosaur Comics, and AmazingSuperPowers. I love the medium of comics, but I had really only any knowledge of the print variety. I'm slowly being introduced to other great webcomics, and I welcome any and all suggestions.

I reside in Los Angeles, and I'm currently a student at UCLA. I'm 26, though my body feels much older, and my mind has had a rough time etching past 15. I'm in Los Angeles for one of the four main (perhaps only) reasons any outsiders end up here. Which of those four describes me will likely be revealed in good time.

As I've said, I have only known of Achewood for about 8-9 months, and, being that I'm a bit slow (and a bit fat), I'm still making my way through the archives. I recognize a few of the cats here from assetbar (Asherdan has a bit of a celeb status there, at least up to the point I am at in the archive). I've read here of some discontent with the comic recently, and, seeing as I am completely and utterly enthralled with it at the point I currently am, I am not eager to reach that conclusion myself. No matter the turnout, though, I can already assert that I will be a lifelong fan (fanboy? Perhaps an eventual apologist?).

I'm generally very self-deprecating (read: insecure), a tad bit neurotic (read: depressed), and perhaps even witty (read: er, witty). (Suppose this might provide some insight to my heretofore mystery LA occupation.) But, it's 5AM and I've been wandering around this site instead of working all night on something due in a few hours, so at the moment you might say that I'm a bit off, mentally.

Anyway, I'm on about nothing. I welcome any questions, insights, advice, hazing, or general mockery.

Oh, one more mystery for the road: Where does this cat originally hail from?

Robocop

*edited for idiocy*
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:10:23 pm by robocop »
Logged

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:13:03 pm »

p.s. - Why is R-to-the-OBOT a censored word on the boards?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:59 pm »

I'm generally very self-deprecating (read: insecure), a tad bit neurotic (read: depressed), and perhaps even witty (read: er, witty).

And you're in LA? Don't we already have one of you? I kid. Welcome.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:32:58 pm »

I apologize that until now I never put a note in the newsbox that says "Did you know that the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why ***** and ##### are censored?"  Not that it would have mattered, since no one but me reads the newsbox.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:43:02 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 01:00:57 pm »

Fitting, as I've announced myself as a noob. I suppose I had to prove it somehow...
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:33:17 pm »

A...a new member?

Who posts?

And is not a troll?

...

...

...

*weeps, hugs robocop*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:49:52 pm »

Thanks for the welcome, folks! I feel like I can take of my shoes and stay awhile.

Maybe my #####.

I've known some odd filters on other boards, and I suppose it shouldn't have surprised me. Also, I actually dig L.A.  enough to forgive it when it eventually exposes me as a hapless fool.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:06:49 pm »

I've known some odd filters on other boards, and I suppose it shouldn't have surprised me. Also, I actually dig L.A.  enough to forgive it when it eventually exposes me as a hapless fool.

Man, just wait until you discover some of the weird ones. Like if you were to perhaps begin discussing shortcakes of some sort.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 05:30:09 pm »

some are because our admins are freaky-freaks.

Hey! Don't blame me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »

because our original admins are freaky-freaks.

...although I am pretty much a freaky-freak.  Just not the one responsible for the filters.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 06:25:09 pm »

Oh great fun, I've found two on my first day. Perhaps I should have said, "Maybe my trousers."

Quote
Man, just wait until you discover some of the weird ones. Like if you were to perhaps begin discussing shortcakes of some sort.

Like Gary Coleman?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »

I vote we make "shortcakes" --> "Gary Coleman" our latest filter.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 06:58:02 pm »

CUNT gary coleman?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 07:00:04 pm »

Why vote?  Reclaim your administrative scepter and "so mote it be".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: the noobest noob (at least for now)
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 07:06:52 pm »

That's not my call.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up